This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why this app is miles away from other golf app ?!?!

Hello Community and Garmin's developpers and marketing guys,

I have an approach S62 and a full set of CT10 for a total of approximately 1000$. Those gadgets are very usefull BUT te garmin golf app is really terrible. 

If you have a quick look on the App Store you will see so much Golf Stats App free ans and some with a monthly or a yearly subscription. All those apps are very usefull and the UX design is miles away from the 90's design of garmin app.

I don't understand why, like you tried to do with the cycling app which is not gorgeous but not that bad, you don't offer something with a better quality to your customers.

I've already spent 1000$ I will be ok to give you 100$ each year to have more usefull statistics like you can find on Golfshot, 18Birdies, the Grint, Spyder,......

Please don't force me to sale my watch and accesories and replace it with Arccos and an apple watch.

Help this golfer community please !!!!!

• Seems like no one at Garmin is reading this... Totally agree with you all. Editing a card is a pain in the ... Can't switch from Stroke to stableford. Not clear where you can enter your index. More than the map it's the editing of the map and the scorecards that could really get an upgrade. Also, there is no way to sync to an external app, like garmin + strava for cyclist.

• Since I have been seeing zero reaction from Garmin on this, I just sold my Epix 2 and moved to the Apple Watch Ulta.

• Agreed. I just submitted this via the garmin suggestion link. 

Update the Garmin Golf App.

I have the Garmin R10, Garmin CT10 14 sensors, Venu 2 watch, Garmin Z82 Range finder and I still don’t have an autoCaddy feature.

The statistics I can pull up on Garmin golf app feel like they are very lacking compared with your main competitors like shotscope and Arccos. They can look at course stats, where balls have landed on the hole on each hole. It would be amazing to see the shots from the last ten times I played each hole on a hole map overlay.  Then be able to filter the shots by the result for the hole shots that resulted in birdie, par, bogie.

Also course statics for each hole on courses played. You get par 50% on hole 4 bogie 25%

Graphs showing trend lines for greens in regulation, fairways hit and total number of putts would be great also

The Z82 competitors give yardage and club selection based on temperature, wind, air pressure and altitude. You have the best and most expensive range finder on the market but it doesn’t have the functionality to compete with its competitors. This is surely just a firmware update away to include wind, temperature, altitude and air pressure to suggest a plays like distance?

Finally I’d like to be able to take my recorded Ave distances from completing a club gap session on the R10 onto the course and have an automatic caddy feature based on slope, temperature and wind to tell me which club to hit which would display on my watch or on the Z82 screen.

It feels like the garmin golf products are some of the best in the world but the garmin golf app just isn’t in depth enough to give all the statistics the competition do. Also feels like the CT10, R10, Z82, Venu 2 are all stand alone products that don’t have and cross integration. I use garmin Golf ecosystem because I have the garmin scale, multiple sets of garmin pedals, and multiple garmin edge bike computers that all work flawlessly together.

Keep up the great work but please can we have some better features on the golf app?

With thanks

Martin 

• Been saying this for a couple of years!

Garmin just don’t listen….

• Totally agree! I’ll also step over to the Grint or Arccos and sell my S62. 
    Imo garmin has abandoned the golf market. No updates on the app, no update on the courses, no new watches and not even a response here in the forum.

I mean you actually only need to look at the UX design of the app to know how competent their IT department is…