This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Why this app is miles away from other golf app ?!?!

Hello Community and Garmin's developpers and marketing guys,

I have an approach S62 and a full set of CT10 for a total of approximately 1000$. Those gadgets are very usefull BUT te garmin golf app is really terrible. 

If you have a quick look on the App Store you will see so much Golf Stats App free ans and some with a monthly or a yearly subscription. All those apps are very usefull and the UX design is miles away from the 90's design of garmin app.

I don't understand why, like you tried to do with the cycling app which is not gorgeous but not that bad, you don't offer something with a better quality to your customers.

I've already spent 1000$ I will be ok to give you 100$ each year to have more usefull statistics like you can find on Golfshot, 18Birdies, the Grint, Spyder,......

Please don't force me to sale my watch and accesories and replace it with Arccos and an apple watch.

Help this golfer community please !!!!!

• I agree,  Garmin Golf app needs some serious improvement, and some of the functions are totally bizarre,   like the ability to add a shot to be tracked, but you can only record where the shot was hit from,  not where it finished.     The same applies to editing a shot,   we can move its location but not where it finished.   sometimes the errors with shot tracking is so off we are limited to just deleting it altogether.

Garmin provides quality technology  for GPS (its their DNA) - but seems that their golf division doesnt have many/any golfers in their product innovation/development.   Garmin would be much better off partnering with a dedicated golf software company,  or buying one so that then they would know what they are doing.

• Totally agree. The look and feel of the app is unacceptable.  Also the functionality is very poor. 

• couldn't agree more....   Wish they would improve the APP!  Needs way better playing history and statistics to be useful.  Also, how about better appearance of the hole/course (maybe google earth could help)?  Very poor product when using this app with the cost of S62 watch and 14 CT-10 tags. 

• Absolutely agree! Urgently needs an update. Have a look at the Fore Golf app. Does it all and much more - with or without a watch.

• I also wish Garmin would put more resources towards making a competitive app. I love the hardware and wish the app was on par with swingU, 18Birdies, golf shot etc. 

• Does anyone at Garmin read this? I would like this thread to be alive until they treat this more seriously. It is very disappointing, Although I love the watch, I am considering changing by another one thats cares about the basics. Like how many penalty strokes I got on a specific round, how much my handicap has evolved over time or more clear statistics per hole, for example % of pars, birdies and boggies… many other simple things that could be easily be added there. 

• Fully agree, the Golf app needs some serious improvement to be able to compete with the apps available for the Apple Watch.

e.g.: UI: https://www.hole19golf.com Functionality: https://fore.foresightsports.com

• Does Garmin have a UI/UX roadmap that they could share with this forum? I really do like the Garmin hardware but I'm planning on switching to an Apple Watch simply due to the better UI/UX experience. I would love to see what the Garmin development team is working towards though. If some big updates are on the way I would definitely consider holding off on switching to Apple. Thanks!! 

• Very premium priced product with very basic app...

Garmin any updates planned??

• I can’t stress enough how much I love my S62 watch but I also can’t stress enough how much I hate the iOS golf app and how it presents the data collected. I went all in years ago with the CT10 club trackers too. I’m going to keep my watch but I’m going to get Shot Scope’s new club tracking system that doesn’t require a watch so I can have the best of both worlds (Garmin hardware and a software first companies stats). 

Garmin seems like it can’t stop being a hardware company and hasn’t evolved into a software company like all tech leaders have done.