This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When I am using the golf app on my FENIX 6X my phone talks randomly, what is it saying. The golf app is not open on my phone. The phone is in the golf bag. The voice says numbers that do not mean anything to me.

The voice usually quotes a 4 digit number at random intervals, I can not understand them as the phone is in the bag. No apps are open on the phone and nothing comes up in massages.

• The Golf APP does not have any technology built into it that provides audio through your smartphone. If any audio is received while wearing Bluetooth connected headphones, the audio is arriving from the Garmin Connect Mobile APP.

• When I'm recording a golf round on my F6Pro, my phone in my bag also talks - it's playing the configured audio announcements, lap speed, HR etc.

I have them enabled for when I'm running with BT headphones, but sadly, there's no way to disable them from coming out through the phone if you don't have headphones connected to the watch, plus there's no way to disable them on a per-sport basis - either of those would be nice additions for me.

if you're suggesting this should not happen with golf activities, I'd be happy to learn how to disable it.

I normally put my phone into do-not-disturb mode when golfing, which silences the announcements from Garmin Connect - if I get a call/text I can see it on my watch and decide whether to answer.

• Thanks Chris, after I posted this I had a thought after reading other posts that it may have something to do with the "laps" in Garmin connect. Although Golf is not lapping as such I thought it may be trying to give me a distance or time.

winfig's comment makes sense, if you could look into this you maybe able to solve the problem.

• Thanks, I suspected it may have something to do with Garmin connect. Lets see what Garmin Chris finds out.

•  

Thank you for the additional information. The only thing that made sense was the GCM APP since it provides the ability to give audio announcements.

I will be looking into the audio alerts more for you both. If this ends up being intentional by design of our Fenix 6 series engineers, we can go the direction of a customer experience request to have the software settings potentially modified with a future software update.

I will be updating this thread once I learn more.

• I have been asked to collect additional information. When you can, please provide what either of you exactly hear coming from your Android phones while you are golfing.

• I just got my Fenix 6x and was playing golf today. randomly my samsung s20 announcement the name of the city and the current city time. You dont need to be playing golf, just select golf, select a golf course and start the round of golf. The phone will speak to you and telling you luxembourg 12 34 and other cities!!!

I am not in this chat and if garmin can solve the problem, please please email me. (Email removed for privacy purposes.)

I really want to have the problem solve quickly else I am returning it for warranty claim.

This is a serious issue and hope Garmin can come back to me personally on this. 

• I have sent you a Private Message to work with you further.

• So sorry everyone, after I continue to test the golf apps, I found that the voice it is actually reading out the laps time eg. lap one 45, lap 7 12 45. This usually happens when running and bicycling and distance sport.

I went inside setting and off the Lap voice prompt. It works.

But however, laps voice prompt should not associate with golf to me.

Thank you.

• I also have this issue. How can I turn it off?