This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What is Latest Android Garmin Golf and where can I get it? Google Play says 1.5.1 Jan 2018 which no longer works with Connect app.

Haven't been able to update Garmin Golf for a long time. Lots of updates on ios so 1.5.1 from Jan 2018 can't be right on Android. Play store won't give me anything newer. Connect app always tells me to update Golf app. If I use my PC the golf scores and data are all there. I can sync my Approach S20 using the Connect app but can't use the Golf app. Thanks for any help! 

• I spent days trying to update my old tablet for use with Garmin connect and Garmin golf. Spent 500 on the R10 and need a larger screen for use. I gave up and purchased a brand new Samsung tablet. It arrived an hour ago. Fully updated and running Android ten. Low and behold the garmin golf app in the play store is not compatible. No windows support no tablet support for a home simulator? Why? I have contacted your support and even made a written suggestion with no reply received. This just isn't good enough from a company of your stature

• I dont think you actually read his post.  He was able to find the page from an incognito page, NOT the play store.  Clearly there is something wrong with this as 3 years later I am seeing the identical issue on a brand new tablet.

• Hello, the Garmin Golf app can not be updated past 1.5.1 on Android tablets. Due to the nature of Android tablets, the Garmin Golf app is not optimized for them. 

We do have a recent ticket open where our development team is looking into possibly optimizing the app for Android tablets, however there appear to be many variables on the back end that make it tricky. 

Instead, on your Android  tablet, use your internet browser and go to www.garminconnect.com and sign-in to your account to use it.

• Any update on this situation Rob? It has been six months since your post. I just tried to update the Garmin Golf app on my Samsung Tab S7 tablet, and it is still showing as v1.5.1 (Jan 8, 2018) on the Play Store. I also have a Samsung S20 phone, and on the Play Store on that it shows as v2.6.1 (May 10, 2022). Seems a bit ridiculous that Garmin has not sorted this out in all this time. So my new R10 will connect with my android phone, but not my android tablet! Both are on Android 12, by the way.

• Hi.

You need to download the app outside of Google Play.

https://apkcombo.com/garmin-golf/com.garmin.android.apps.golf/

Here You can download the latest version to Your tablet (2.6.1), and install it.

Works very fine on my old Lenovo tab running Android 7.

• I am in the same situation as 6768472. Have Android golf 6.2.1 on my samsung phone. I bought the R10 Approach Radar, and wanted a larger screen. Bought an S7 samsung Tablet and now I find out that Garmin Gofl 6.2.1 is not compatible with tablets.This is appalling, garmin has to do something. Dodgy sites full of dubious links as proposed by oddtoretore above are not the solution !. Come on Rob and all at garmin, give us a solution please

• Well, that is not a dubious link which You will find out if You take a look.

I totally agree that Garmin should have the apk's for download on their site as well.

But this is the Garmin Golf program as it is on Google Play, and it is working on my tab running Android 7.

Sl I'm pretty sure it work on Yours as well, unless Your tablet runs on Android 6 or earlier.

• I had a look, and it was not very clear at first sight what I am actually downloading, I am not that tech savvy, I need a simple download and install procedure.

Will give it some better attention tomorrow and see if I manage. Thanks for your help.

• I used the link provided by oddttoretore, downloaded the apk file, changed permissions to allow installation from another source then the playstore, and now I have Android golf 6.2.1 on my new S7 Tablet. managed to connect the Approach Radar R10, and it all seems to work fine. Connections between Android Connect and Android Golf work just like on my phone. So all in all, very successful. Thanks a lot to oddttoretore and my apologies for being rather negative about your provided link initially.

• BTW please read 2.6.1 and not 6.2.1 in my posts