This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

What is Latest Android Garmin Golf and where can I get it? Google Play says 1.5.1 Jan 2018 which no longer works with Connect app.

Haven't been able to update Garmin Golf for a long time. Lots of updates on ios so 1.5.1 from Jan 2018 can't be right on Android. Play store won't give me anything newer. Connect app always tells me to update Golf app. If I use my PC the golf scores and data are all there. I can sync my Approach S20 using the Connect app but can't use the Golf app. Thanks for any help! 

• The most likely solution will be to delete the Golf APP off your Android phone and download it again through Google Play store. The part that doesn't add up is the Google Play store not offering you an update so by deleting it, the only option Google Play should have is to allow you to download the most recent version.

• Thanks for the reply! Tried that several times. Uninstalled Golf app, uninstalled both Golf and Connect app. Don't understand why Google only offers the Golf app from Jan 2018. Connect keeps insisting I upgrade the Golf app and opens the Play Store on the outdated Golf app. Yes the Approach S20 in dated but that should not prevent loading the latest apps. The Connect app will update. Am using a Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70F tablet running Android 6.0. So what is the latest Android Garmin Golf app version and can I get it elsewhere? 

• Unfortunately, the cause of your issue is the outdated Android version 6 on your tablet. If you are able to update your Android version, you will be offered the latest version of the Golf APP.

• I have one of the latest Samsung S5 tablets. And I can only get 1.5.1 of the app as well. 

• I opened the play store in a incognito tab. And the app shows August,13,2020 as the last update. 

So any reason why my new tablet would only get 1.5.1 ?

• If your Google Play store shows the most recent version, then the Google Play store is properly providing you to update to your tablet.

If no matter what you have tried has not worked and you cannot update to the new version of the Golf APP seen in the Play store, then you are having an issue with your tablet and Android 10. Your tablet manufacturer will need to be contacted for further support.

Your issue does not appear to be an issue with your Google Play store since being offered the latest update. It is only your tablet and Android 10 is not properly updating your Golf APP.

• Guess what. The world doesn't throw out perfectly good appliances just because Google updates Android. My tablet is fast and works great for every app except the Garmin apps. I have been able to update every other app and software on my tablet. Android 6 is not that limited in it's capabilities that developers need to force it to be obsolete. I was a software engineer. Put 3 software developers in a room and you get 5 answers none of which the ordinary person find to be intuitive. It is the ordinary person who uses software. Yesterday I was able to install Garmin Golf and have it work. So I install Garmin Connect and Golf immediately stops working. Garmin wants it both ways where I can use some but not all their software at different release levels and say it is not their fault. Blaming someone else  for inferior software is called something less complementary than a solution. 

• Our APPS are written for and configured to work properly on Android and Apple smartphones. I am sorry you are running into issues on your Android tablet.

• I had the same issue. Garmin Golf app from play store was version 1.5.1 and was no longer compatible with Garmin Connect. The solution I used was to delete the app store version then do an internet search for Garmin Golf app. I found several other sources that currently have the most current version 1.29 released 2020-11-21. The app lists Android compatibility as Android 5.1+ (Lollipop). Installing apps from outside the Play Store does require changing security settings to allow install from Unknown sources and requires manual updating.