This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Import GPX massively incorrect route length

I have just tried importing a GPX file using an iPhone and the files app.

The icons are waaay too small but I managed to get the GPX imported and it displays on the explore map

The route visually looks correct however the stated difference is massively incorrect.

It says the route is over 27 miles. The correct length is 9.3 miles

What could the problem be ?

• OK after a bit of debugging there appears to be a couple of bugs.

1. After using the import option you have to refresh the page to be able to use it again reliably. Either nothing happens when you click it or if you get an error then you get stuck in a loop where everything is an import error.

2. When importing a Route from a GPX file. If that file also contains a Track. The track is ignored from the import. Good. But it some how affect the distance of the route. Bad. The track was approx the same length as the route so not sure why the length is 27 rather than 18. But anyway the Track within the GPX file is not being completely ignored.

3. When importing Routes or Tracks it would be good to have the option to include or ignore waypoints

• These bugs are still there. Any chance they are going to be fixed any time soon. Thanks 

• Hi ,

I'm sorry you didn't receive any replies or feedback on your previous posts. It does not look like this issue has been reported by any other users beyond your forum post. I am not able to reproduce this with my iPhone and my gpx tracks I import through Explore Web using Safari web browser do have the correct distance. I have sent you a PM to gather some information to help you with this. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 1 year ago in reply to Garmin-Andrew

I have exakt the same issue; any news on this ( old topic)?

• They fixed the double length at the time in an update to the application