This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BaseCamp to Explore

I am a pretty heavy user of BaseCamp with lots of tracks and waypoints recorded with my 66st and 60CSx imported into BC and mapped as hiking trails, etc. I think I will just continue to use BC for now as it probably will continue just fine for a while as long as I don't update to the latest version with the map loading bug. BUT, I have been playing around with the inReach Explore website, (won't be using either phone app for now), just to see what I can figure out.

Main question now is that I can not find any way to import BaseCamp data into my Explore map/collection on the website. Garmin does have instructions:
  • Login at explore.garmin.com. (Which is a bad link, I find Explore now at https://us0.inreach.garmin.com/Map)
  • Select the Map tab.
  • Click.
  • Select Import GPX, KML, KMZ.
  • Select Import As Tracks or Import As Routes.
  • Select a Collection or your Library to import to.

For me in Chrome, the import button does not do anything except darken the screen like in the attached screenshot. The red arrow points to something at the top of the darkened Explore window that shows when clicking "import". but I don't know what it is and can not uncover it. I was thinking if Garmin is discontinuing BC and developing the Explore website and apps, then the first thing many would want to do is import their BC collections into Explore. Am I missing something about how to do this? Thanks.

• Base Camp is soo much more than Explore is at present. It would completely nuts to end support for it. Explore lets you do a limited few things only.

As for your import question I can't really help as I have managed to get gpx tracks saved to desktop imported into explore OK. Export the track from BaseCamp as a gpx to the desk top then import to Explore. It's not clear in your motes above if you are trying to import direct from BaseCamp or using the 2 step process.
  • I think your browser pop-ups are blocked so either turn off the pop-up blocker or allow popups specifically for garmin.com.  (I had this problem).