How do I get Imported GPX file <name> details to show on my Route

I have imported a GPX file to Explore (browser version) as a Route.  The GPX file contains <name> data, as the example below;

<rtept lat="52.093230" lon="-1.941270">
<name>Lock</name>
<desc>Grid: SP 04120 43876, Distance: 84m, Bearing: 181</desc>
<type>wtp3Click</type>
</rtept>

I can view and Navigate this Route on my InReach M2 it would appear, but I cannot view these names (which I've perhaps naively assumed are waypoints?) along the route.

I have multiple GPX Route Points, but only a handful of them have a <name>.  Ideally I'd like to be able to follow my Route and be able to tell the distance to a specific <name>.

Is this possible?  Am I being stupid?

• It appears to be a waypoint.

When I've imported a Route which includes waypoints, the waypoints show up on my display, but not in my waypoint folder. If you can see the point on your display, you could zoom in and mark your own waypoint, which would then be in your waypoint folder. That should allow you to use it for navigation.

• It appears that when you import a GPX route in Explore web or App, the names of the route points are lost in the import process. As a workaround, you can change the names of the points of the route in the Explore app before syncing to your inReach Mini 2, but it's not ideal.

Or maybe you could try to copy the GPX route file to the Garmin\NewFiles or Garmin\GPX folder on the inReach Mini 2 after connecting it to a PC, but not sure if that will work as I don't have a inReach Mini 2 myself.

• Yeah, it seems that way. Seems crazy to me that I'd have to follow a manual process to retain existing route data!! Garmin are either overlooking basic functionality or trying to stick it behind a pay wall whereby you can only really do any route planning using their maps and software. Personally, I have another splitscreen resource I find superb for route planning and I want to stick with it. Www.wheresthepath.com

• GPX is not a crazy complex schema. Garmin must be doing something strange with it on import. It's super frustrating.