Import maps to Garmin Explore

Is there a way to import maps in to Garmin Explore? Here in Norway the basic topo map and the OSM are just not good enough.

The aerial/satellite map works great on Explore Web, but i am missing the same map on mobile.

• It is a shame for a company like garmin to not improve an app with maps that every other company have

• Just bought a brand new Garmin and I was shocked how poor the maps are in the Explore app. In Finland (like in all Europe) they are totally useless. It's a shame that the watch is good but the app sucks so I cannot get the best out of the watch.

• Even there is not a possibility to buy and improve the maps, in Italy it is the same.

I wasted my money for garmin 10k just having a supposition that the app was provided by detailed maps, now im having only problems (no trails no river nothing). Are useless, but we paid for the items

• It's sad that I still have to use a free app like Gaia GPS to access maps in my area with good detail and then export the points or track files out and back into Explore/Earthmate to use. 

Here is an example. 

This is the Garmin

Explore app of an area I did a short hike on over the weekend. No track detail for a National Parks Trail, well used. 

Here is a screen grab from the Gaia App of the same area.

You can see the track makes on the map and better contour detail. 

• Same here. I really do hope Garmin would opt for developing the map options further for the rest of the world (Finland in my case) I just purchased the new eTrex SE. I’m super happy with the device but was taken a back by the low accuracy of the TopoActive map. As a leading company on wayfinding and navigation I was expecting more value. As others have stated, the accuracy of TopoActive is just not accurate enough to properly plan hikes. And it is sad to having to rely on solutions provided by the competition in order to get the most out of the device.

I really hope that the feedback on this thread would encourage Garmin to further develop the maps on Garmin Explore especially for the rest of the world. It feels a bit strange to sell something globally but deliver proper value only to certain market.

• It really is a shame that Garmin does not care about its customers in Europe. Current maps with no details makes the whole app useless. In Finland there are plenty of outdoor apps which use free topology maps with details, so I just wonder why Garmin does nothing to improve the app. Every other brand have useful topology maps that you can use to actually plan your route. Shame on Garmin. Great watch but useless app/maps. 

• I wish the app would do this. I thought I could replace my old eTrex with this…not so much. The maps and trail centerlines are terrible for something common like the Appalachian Trail.

• And still Garmin has done nothing to improve the maps. Really disappointed to the Garmin customer support and customer care.

Here is an example of four different FREE apps, all screenshots are from the same area. I assume that you can see the difference and spot which one is Garmin Explore and which ones are most useful…