This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

App Android Explore and Basecamp Windows, no waypoint export

Created a route with Basecamp which includes some waypoints, but once imported to my fenix6 the waypoints disappear, you only see the beginning and the end. in addition, the map of the paths of Friuli Venezia Giulia is heavily incomplete on the explore Android app, complete on the explore web

• Hello The mapping available outside of the US may be more limited in the explore mobile app. You would be expecting to see something similar. 

TopoActive

TopoActive is a Garmin OpenStreetMap product. OpenStreetMap (OSM) is a community-developed mapping dataset, developed and added to by community mappers around the world. OSM is a highly detailed dataset. In many rural areas of the world, OSM has medium to low-detailed data. Features are added and edited by community members with local knowledge. Coverage of features may vary and includes geographic locations, place names, landmarks, points of interest, hydrographic features, and land-use/land-cover. OSM is an open data source. OSM also includes an open data source elevation dataset. Because the OpenStreetMap data is Volunteered Geographic Information, scale detail is not consistent. Scale detail can vary from 1:24,000 or better in major urban areas to 1:1,000,000 in more rural areas.

Garmin Explore and Earthmate App Map Features and Legend

Then you have the mapping on the explore website which pull a differenet mapset type. 
    Garmin ExploreTm Website Map Legend

• Hello and thanks for the reply. in reality the topoactive map that is present on the Garmin Explore android app is different (less complete) than the map present on the web version of expolere, it is not a single area but almost an entire region (Friuli Venezia Giulia) Greetings Francis

• I looked at both and compared them together with the area you had mentioned. They both look very similar. I am wondering if you have not added the maps correctly or if the maps aren't selected in the app. Please see Managing Maps With the Garmin Explore App // Downloading Maps With the Garmin Explore App

• Ciao, innanzitutto grazie per la risposta, comunque ho già fatto tutto quello che hai descritto per quanto riguarda il download delle mappe sull'app Android.   Ho installato l'app su altri dispositivi due Android e ho riscontrato le stesse mancanze che riscontro sul mio. Allego gli screenshot in modo che tu possa fare una valutazione migliore con quello che vedi rispetto a quello che vedo io. Un salutoFrancesco

Un salutoFrancesco 

• If you have installed the correct mapping that gives the best detail in the app then that unfortunately is what is available in the app. They will not always match when compared. 

• I created a route in Garmin Connect, complete with multiple waypoints to plan my outdoor adventure. However, when I tried to import this route to my Garmin Fenix 6, all the waypoints mysteriously vanished, leaving only the starting and ending points visible on my watch. This has made navigation during my outdoor activities incredibly challenging and frustrating. I've scoured the forums for solutions, but none seem to address this specific issue.

**moderated to remove link**

• I recommend you use the "locus map" app where you can create routes complete with waypoints and once you have imported the GPX track onto your device, you will find all the waypoints you had previously entered