This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to pair DashCam Mini 2 on iOS

Hello!

I have an untypical (unable to find other mentions) problem while pairing iOS with DashCam Mini2 device. Android goes well.

The problem appears when I face final association wizard step. Drive app says I must select accessory from the list, but the list is empty. Please see screenshot (sorry for non-english UI, but I guess it describes the situation).

I have iPhone 10 with 14.7.1 software version (latest at the moment of the posting this).

I tried to:

• update iOS
  • hardware reset the device
  • format an SD card
  • uninstall/install Drive app

But with no luck. The problem still persists. Did anyone face similar problem or maybe any ideas how to solve that? I actually cannot use the device at the moment. Support does not provide solution for now.

• Garmin offered to exchange the unit, but it would mean sending my "defective" camera in the post, then waiting for a new one to arrive. Went to retailer (Halfords) instead who were very helpful and exchanged the unit on the spot. They commented that Bluetooth connectivity was a really common problem with these devices.

The replacement unit works fine (it paired with no issue), and the iOS app is pretty good (now it's working).

It hasn't solved the bigger issue, as it's clear that Garmin either has a problem with the iOS Drive app, or a massive reliability problem with the Bluetooth chip in their cameras. However, as the same issue doesn't seem to be a widely reported problem with Android devices, I'd say it's the iOS app at fault. The iOS Drive app is still at version 4.17.23 (October 2021).

This probably isn't the answer everyone wanted, but it's solved the problem. This will be a costly solution for Garmin. Whilst every interaction with Garmin was OK (staff were polite and tried to help), their customer support infrastructure could be a lot more efficient... or they could build more reliable products.

• I was having the same issue.  I forgot the device on my phone, then when I started the pairing process on the app I selected the need help on the bottom.  This prompted a series of guided steps which eventually told me to pair the device, then turn my phones Bluetooth off and back on, once I did this the device showed up in the accessory window, and it paired without any further issue.  Hope this helped.

• Thank you, thank you! Just got the device and was getting frustrated with the failure to establish the Bluetooth connection. Followed your advice, and....!!

• I was having the same problem with Garmin Dashcam Mini 2, tried several times to paired with my iPhone 12. 

Fortunately I was successful to pair the Garmin drive app with the Dashcam with the below steps:

1. Open settings - bluetooh - find DC Mini2-XXXX and klik forget device

2. Uninstall or delete the Garmin drive app from your iPhone

3. Update the IOS to the latest 

4. Turn off the iPhone

5. Turn back on the IPhone and install the Garmin Drive app

6. Open the Garmin Drive app and follow the instruction, press and hold the save button on the dashcam until the light turn blue for the pairing mode

7. The app will ask you to select an accessory from the list, but there will be nothing toi select. At this point, please wait and do not click any button, do not click the cancel button or open another app, just wait and wait and wait. In my case it took about 4 minutes until the DC Mini2-XXXX appears in the list, then you can tap the device

8. The rest is just follow the instructions.

Hope this helps

Johan Hutauruk

Jakarta - Indonesia

• I had the same problem. My solution was remove old bluetooth devices and forget the dashcam device from my settings. Ended up solving the problem and it poped up in select accessories and was able to create an account and access footage etc. I have a mini 2 for anyone wondering.

1. I was able to solve this problem. It takes several attempts. It involved closing the Garman app on iOS while it was trying to locate the dash cam in the accessory list, reopening the app until the app instructs you to hold the power button on the cam. The dash cam needs to be flashing blue (not green or yellow) while waiting about a minute for it to show up in the accessory list. Once it shows up in the accessories list, the rest is pretty straightforward and the app unlocks.  I hope this helps.
  • Mine will only work if I shut off cellular service. This is the problem with two minis. 
    when I would set it up in my living room, with my iPad, they worked. In the cars, with the phone they would not. Unfortunately I use cellular in the car for other apps and need it on. 
    does anyone have a workaround or knowledge of a solution to the cellular issue?

• I have the same problem with my iphone. i just forget device, restarted my phone and went through the same steps.  It connected after this. 

• That didn’t work. It only connects if I turn off cellular service. I need cellular to connect to everything else. 

• That didn’t work for me at