This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

nordic walking

Hello.

Is there any possibility to have nordic walking as a seperate activity type?
Right now it is missed and I have to select "speed walking" for NW which it isn't.

Best regards
Tom
  • +1 Nordic walking - have also put this under 'contact us/ideas'...

• Nordic walking is becoming more and more popular. It is a very good idea to add this type of discipline to the list in Garmin. A lot of people want to have statistic, comparisons etc. Even if I add new discipline in Garmin watch i dont see that it is a nordic walking - I see "other"
    I think that if we have drones in garmin, Nordic walking should be all the more :)
  • when adding „nordic walking“ as a separate activity, it is important to highlight that Garmin should also take into account to add „pole/stick usage“ as one of the data fields. Since „nordic walking“ is not just walking alone, but also the combination of walking and using the sticks, which in turn would also have an impact on the calories burned level (if done right).

i hope this makes sense to some of you?!

because it would be easy to just „copy one of the existing activities“ and rename it to „nordic walking“. but i explicitly would like to see this data field also being included into the nordic walking activity.

what do you think?

• There used to be LEKI Nordic Walking app but disappeared by now. I support adding it to the activities.

• Still no nordic walking activity? Polar has and working well. I buy Garmin again when this nordic walking activity is there! 

• One idea per day and perhaps then we can get Nordic Walking activity.. www.garmin.com/.../

• Since „nordic walking“ is not just walking alone, but also the combination of walking and using the sticks, which in turn would also have an impact on the calories burned level (if done right).

Yes, using other groups of muscles may increase the Calories burn. And since Garmin devices with HRM function calculate the burned Calories from the current HR (comparing it to the average resting HR), it happens automatically, regardless what discipline you do, and regardless how it is named. No need for adding a new discipline.

So if you really want keeping track of Nordic walking separately from the standard walking just because of the Calories reports, you can stop bothering about it, since it already happens automatically. If you still want to keep Nordic walking separately from standard walking, just create a custom activity on your watch (most Garmin models allow it).