This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Import track file (GPX, TCX...) to Garmin Connect

Hello.

I know that there are earlier posts about this but I dont get it...

How to import/upload a track file (GPX, TCX...) to Garmin Connect? Is it posible? Would it be send to the Device on a synchronization?

I know how to upload a track to the GPS, thats not what Im asking.
I have read about "manual upload" I cannot locate it anywhere in Garmin Connect.

Thank you.
  • It's possible

If there's enough interest I can build a little script to convert your GPX from Basecamp into an activity then allowing you to upload it to Connect and then convert to a new Course.
  • Training peaks allows the file to export *original file or *CSV file.

Read this http://connect.garmin.com/en-US/help/how-to/ which explains how to import files amongst many other things about Connect

Just need to import a file from training peaks. Training peaks allows the file to export *original file or *CSV file. Garmin only allows *.tcx *.gpx and *.fit files. So how do we get our files *i.e. CSV file to a Garmin accepted file? Need to know the how and all the details and not just a link that we have to search hours on hours to find our answer.
  • I even tried Internet Explorer instead of Google Chrome and still no good. Strava doesn't provide an option to save courses as .fit.
  • I am responding to old posts and Connect may have evolved but I experienced the problem of not being able to Import gpx files from third party applications. I eventually found I needed to access via 'Dashboard'. A large dotted outlined box appeared with a '+'. Selecting that brought a list up from the the left containing a selection including 'Courses'. That brings up another box titled 'COURSES' and on the right is a 'wheel symbol' that leads to a selection 'Go to Full Page'. There I found in large letters 'Create a Course' and under it 'Import'. Importing a gpx file here via either method was successful and lead to it being editable on a map. I originally attempted to use ACTIVITIES. That section is not for mapping but for fitness recording. 

• This totally worked, thank you so much, you just made my life much easier!

• I also had the same simple intention. To import GPX to Garmin Connect courses and then push it to my device. Why is that this hard really... Hugely disappointed.

• Hugely disappointed.

Disappointed by what? Did you try simply importing the course on the Courses page (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/courses)? (see the Import link at the bottom if the white box)

• Hey Trux, thank you for your answer.

Actually, you have your right, I am disappointed by the general customer experience. Whether it is Garmin, Komoot, Ridewithgps, Strava or any other related app. I am having a real hard time planning something on-the-go on a mobile platform. Of course it is managable on PC with cables and stuff. I also found out that by saving that link you shared it is somewhat ok. But still, it should have been designed as a hassle free, entertaining process.

Kind regards, Omur

• You can use the connect.garmin.com site. 

1) Left menu bar > Training > Course

2) Small red text saying upload

3) Upload file > Save > Sync device

As explained here support.garmin.com/.../