This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to get Tacx data into Garmin Connect?

How can I convert Tacx data so I can manually upload them to Garmin Connect? Tried to search for hrm to fit converter, but there doesn't seem to be a solution for that. Also looked for hrm to tcx, but no success.

Anybody found a good solution? Is there a technical reason that no converter exists?
  • This problem has now been fixed with Mathias Krallmann's excellent FIT file repair tool. This tool can be used to import .hrm, .tcx, or .fit files. Repairs can then be made if the file is corrupted.
    The file can then be output into .fit or .tcx file formats.

I have now converted 15 .hrm files from Tacx Fortius/Tacx Training Software into .fit format. They have been successfully loaded into the following applications:

PC:
    Garmin Training Centre
    Training Peaks WKO

Internet
    Garmin Connect
    Trainingpeaks
    www.strava.com

Data shown is Heart Rate, Power, Cadence, and Speed (strava will only show an average speed).

The application can be found at:
    http://fitfilerepairtool.info/
  • I am trying to upload data from my tacx Fortius trainer to Garmin Connect. When I try to export from tacx, it only allows a single file format .TTS
    Is there any way I can convert .TTS files into some format that is accepted by Garmin Connect?
    ThankS
  • Hi, If you use the Analyse function within TTS, you will see an option to export to .HRM. Once you have this, use Polar Converter ( http://polarconverter.azurewebsites.net/) to convert to .tcx for import into Garmin or Strave etc.
  • Hello again. Perhaps I should explain that I have TTS v3.10, I am not sure if it is the same in TTS v4.
  • 8years later, still no solution. With Zwift you can upload ur data to garmin connect. with tacx not. 

• Dear all,

I consider buying a Tacx Flux 2 and currently, I try to understand how my virtual rides can be transferred to Garmin Connect and Strava. Three options are interesting for me:

1) The Flux is paired with and controlled by my Edge 530, e,g, for a power-based training. In this case, the Edge will upload the activity to Garmin Connect, and Garmin Connect will transfer it to Strava. That's fine.

2) I do a Zwift ride w/o the Edge. Zwift will transfer the activity to Garmin Connect (see here) and to Strava. That's fine as well.

3) I do a ride with the Tacx app w/o the Edge. In this case, Tacx will transfer the ride to Strava, but NOT to Garmin Connect. Is this correct? Is there any (reasonable) workaround to get the ride transferred to Garmin Connect? For example, can Strava send it to Garmin Connect after the transfer from Tacx to Strava?

It's hard to understand why Zwift as a competitor's app does the transfer to Garmin Connect, but Tacx as Garmin's subsidiary doesn't (if I understand correctly). What's the reason for this missing function?

• I have the same question. It does not make any sense that Tacx is a Garmin app, but it does not transfer the data to Garmin Connect. Very Frustrated. 
  • I have the same question and experience as you, Sim-MH

• it's frustrating.

at least now  you can easily download from strava sync, and upload to garmin.

this will populate the ride over to training peaks too if you're a training peaks user.

so it's all possible, but it's ridiculous as a subsidiary company that this isn't seamless.