This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

2 MAJOR BUGS: Exercises not shown in 4 weeks overview, Training Load Focus values DECREASE instead of increase after every exercise. All after SW version changes by Garmin and earlier major bug reports:

2 MAJOR BUGS!!!

MAJOR BUG 1:   Training Load is not displayed and not counted in 4 weeks overview of the 7 day training load. See figures hereunder:

Where are the Wednesday 13 July and Saturday 16 July training !! They are there in the Activities overview but clearly MISSING in the 7 Day Training Load

MAJOR BUG 2: THE TRAINING FOCUS IS NOW COMPLETELY SCREWED UP, even worse than it was when I reported on 13 July 2022

The Exercise Load of 164 points of the 16 July ride is subtracted instead of added to Low Aerobic !!!! See hereunder

WHAT THE H***  ARE YOU DOING GARMIN

WITH EVERY SW VERSION CHANGE THE F**** UP IS BECOMING BIGGER AND BIGGER

FIX IT A.S.A.P. AND REPAIR MY TRAINING STATUS DATA, ALSO FROM THE PREVIOUS 5 TIMES

• You can of course report your bugs in any way you like. It was just a tip in how to get the best help. Focus on one bug at at time and skip all the feelings. I've reported several bugs to Garmin Support via mail and got help every time with follow up and verification that the bugs were resolved.

The values you see only updates when new values are uploaded. The values are not calculated in Garmin Connect. 

• are you able to download and use the Garmin Connect mobile app for purposes of troubleshooting this issue?  If not, I understand and respect your decision, for whatever reason you have.  I just want to be as helpful as I can be.

is correct about the how this data is calculated and displayed.  All Training Status, Training Load, Exercise Load, and Training Load Focus data is calculated on the compatible device on which it is recorded.  If someone is using a compatible 3rd party app like TrainerRoad or Zwift, that activity is sent to Garmin Connect first, then to the compatible device for the data calculation, then back to Garmin Connect to be displayed (after the TS/TL/EL/TLF is calculated.  No calculations are done in Garmin Connect.  

The other thread I mentioned earlier deals with data displaying properly in the Garmin Connect mobile app, but not displaying properly in Garmin Connect Web.

• Hi Garmin-Kevin,

I know exactly how the whole SW and FW suite of Garmin works because I reverse engineered the whole suite already more than 2 years ago when the first major bugs appeared immediately after I first started using a Garmin device. I also never said that anything is 'calculated' in Connect. I know that everything is fetched from the several different databases in the Back End where the data from the device is dumped and that the connections between Connect and the BE databases should be made via what defined in GE and the correct pointers in the BE SW. In the latter it very often goes totally wrong.

Also the calculation of the 7 Day training load is done three times, for every page 1 time. This also always goes wrong (in the training history the 6 Months graphs show different values in the same week than the 1 year graph in the same week!) and is a huge flaw in the SW architecture.

Another major flaw in the architecture is that a couple of important parameters are calculated on the device and should be stored in the BE. Since the devices all have their own dedicated FW/SW this means that with every change of the BE SW this should be tested against every single device type. This never happens. Also the links which should be in the SW to let Connect retrieve values from the Back End are often not properly or not at all updated with a SW change.

The Training Focus is NOT calculated on the device. How would you explain other wise that I can see the Training Focus on my Connect Web account but CANNOT see it on my device and have NEVER seen it. Local Garmin people also NEVER answered this question how that is possible and I asked them 2.5 years ago.

But this all IS NOT THE POINT here in bug 2: The POINT is that the calculations of the Training Focus are/were wrong again twice within one Month. As such now on 23-July the calculation of the ride done today is ok, BUT previous errors are NOT CORRECTED which means that the Training Focus as such is already totally useless for more than a Month and will remain useless for more than a Month to go because values are missed.

Small example: If I would use the Training Focus values it would say that I only had 864 point of exercise load done in the whole Month of June where in reality it was around 3 times as much!!

For major bug 1 this is an issue with missing 'links' between the part of the BE where the training distribution/qualification is stored and where Connect Web App thinks they can be found. This MAJOR BUG 1 is still present today. I have done a ride, the 7 Day Training Load is updated, the 'Green Bar' is updated but the graph above remains empty, no Blue/Turquoise bar visible.

I am not going to install the app on my smartphone due to major trouble in the past to let my mobile phone connect with the device, which is a well known issue if you have a certain brand of smartphone.

Also there is a little privacy issue when using the mobile app which I want to avoid at all cost

• I have done a ride, the 7 Day Training Load is updated, the 'Green Bar' is updated but the graph above remains empty, no Blue/Turquoise bar visible.

Yes, up and then an activity is missing there, but you really call this a MAJOR bug? Looks more like a minor cosmetic glitch to me. Maybe you need to relax a bit. Try yoga, if you do not want to finish with a heart stroke.

To get the missing activity back to the list, go to Activities, open the concerned activity, select Edit, change a minor detail, and Save. Reload the Training Status report, and the activity will be there.

Also there is a little privacy issue when using the mobile app which I want to avoid at all cost

Just curious what privacy issue you have with the app, that is not present at the web version?

• To get the missing activity back to the list, go to Activities, open the concerned activity, select Edit, change a minor detail, and Save. Reload the Training Status report, and the activity will be there.

Good tip to get them back.

• Hi OortCloud,

nice suggestion, but it only worked at one exercise (23-July) out of the 5 which were not displayed and/or misteriously deleted due to SW changes made by Garmin.

So unfortunately the mess made by Garmin cannot even be cleaned up despite your well meant tip

• Hi Garmin-Kevin,

Both A_N and OortCloud have the same issue as I have.

I also have an update per 24 July: See hereunder. Things have turned for the worse!

The exercise was quite clearly uploaded via a public Internet port just as last sunday. The bad news is however:

• the 7-Day Training Load and the Training Load Focus were not updated until I started Garmin Express on 25-July (device NOT connected)
    • ALL other exercises from 4-July on exept the 17-July one are DELETED from the Exercise Load graph and according Activity overview

Graph on 16-July:  Exercises of 13-July and 16-July are deleted and missing respectively

Graph on 25-July:  All exercises after 4-July are deleted (7, 10, 13, 16 and 23-July) except the 17-July and 24-July ones.

Furthermore it takes ages before this particular 4 Weeks web page is filled with data.

Also when having a look via F12 at Console I saw error 404 (Failed to load resource, server not available) appear which indicates something is wrong with the several different links.

I therefor very strongly recommend that the SW developers have a VERY close look at all the pointers/URLs (In Connect Web, In Express, In Back End and device SW) which should enable fetching and writing/storing data to and from the Back End data bases into e.g. Connect web app.

• All-

Thank you for your participation in this forum thread.  So that I may assist you further, please reply with the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?
  • Hello Garmin,

AGAIN for the 3rd time in 3 Months the 7-Day Training Load, the Training Focus and the Green bar are not calculated AT ALL.

See the screen shots hereunder

This is already going on for more than a week. At first GE started to open double again, when that crap version (which should have been destroyed/deleted from your SW library ages ago) was replaced by single opening again the issue remained

It doesn't make any difference if the exercise is uploaded via a public/common IP-Port and/or later on via my own WiFi-link, it does not work at all.

Even worse: if it's at first only uploaded via a common IP-address/Port, the exercise is only shown in the Exercise Load graph but not on any external app like Strava. That requires syncing via my own WiFi-link.

Even making a small change to the file and save it again does not do the job, so no work around available.

The only way the calculations are done, is when the device is connected via a USB-cable with the laptop on which I run Garmin Express.

So check ALL the links/URLs/APIs which should be present to connect the different databases so the data can be displayed in Connect Web!

This is a textbook example of a MAJOR BUG (P2). FIX IT A.S.A.P. and for good!

It's absolutely totally unacceptable that the same MAJOR BUG returns about every month or even more often

• Hello .  I'd be happy to assist you if you can answer the 3 questions from my comment right above this recent post of yours.