This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect not updating my step count goal

My Garmin connect is not taking my edited goal through to be my actual step goal so my goal is showing on Garmin connect & vivofit 3 watch as 5000 when my edited goal shows 10000. I have tried everything. Turned auto goal on and off and syncing each step, deleting app and reinstalling, turning phone and watch off and on. The only thing I want this watch for is my step count and for its incentive but it’s no incentive when it is stuck on a small goal. 

• Where did you change your step goal? Screenshots are often the best way to describe what you are doing.

I did a quick test now and changed the step goal in the device settings in the web and it worked. I then edited the goal in the app via the Steps card in My Day and that worked as well.

1. Thank you - I’m a newbie. On the first screen shot I clicked on the step count to bring up second screen shot and then did edit my goal. As you can see this screen is showing my desired goal of 10000 but this does not transfer across to the first page and then doesn’t transfer to my phone when I sync

• That looks good, but I see another issue. Your watch has logged 4229 steps, but it hasn't yet synced to Garmin Connect. That is why you see "--" in the Steps page. That is probably also why the goal isn't syncing to your watch.

See if syncing with Garmin Express works. That often solves sync issues. 

Garmin Express is a software you install on a computer. It handles updates and can sync your watch with Garmin Connect. just like the app, but it seems like it do some extra stuff so it is good to use it from time to time. https://www.garmin.com/software/express/windows/

Updates are also handled by the app, but sometimes you need to use Garmin Express.