This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will AMEX be supported by Garmin Pay

Garmin Pay is the bomb dot com, or so I thought. I recently switched credit cards to an American Express but am dismayed to see it is not supported. Is this on the roadmap, does anyone know? It'd be a real shame to need to switch to an apple watch over this, since apple pay works for pretty much anything.

Please bring AMEX support! Let's keep Garmin Pay great!

• @garmin-chris thank you however this answer has been going on for 5+ years. I think we understand that "its up to AMEX" but why doesn't someone who works for garmin reach out to AMEX and explain that x amount of customers have requested this feature please provide an update. That is what I mean why someone taking responsibility for this and taking control of the issue

• If American Express wanted to be part of a payment program like Garmin Pay, they would do it. If you research AMEX, it took until 2021 for AMEX to join Apple Pay. I hope AMEX will consider joining Garmin Pay too.

• This has been over a year, and STILL Garmin won't sort this out?  AMEX would be the alpha in this relationship, and Garmin should really do whatever is necessary to make this work.

• This is what they told me too

•  I spoke to AMEX today and they claim it's a Garmin problem... See below. They want someone from Garmin to call their Merchants department at 1-800-528-4800

• Looking at the dialogue w Amex I get the impression that they are trying to answer whether you can pay with an Amex card or not with Garmin as a merchant. I.e. in their web shop. That is up to Garmin as a merchant, and that is a different thing compared to Garmin Pay, that is a digital wallet (like Apple Pay) offered as a service by Garmin  

In the latter case, it is up to Amex as an issuer of cards to accept the terms and conditions of Garmin Pay. And as soon as they do that, they can issue virtual cards to the Garmin Pay wallet.

• I'm pretty sure you're chatting with an AI bot.

• I assumed it was a bot at first but this was a lengthy conversation, I just screenshot the relevant part. I confirmed it wasn't a bot ;)

Also, this isn't the only conversation I have had with amex. I've started several chats on different days and times in an attempt to get a different answer than "blame garmin". I have called in, and I have spoken with our account manager (we have corp account in addition to my personal account).

The same answer comes from everyone, including the humans on the phone. "Garmin hasn't accepted us" is the gist of it, this is why I made this post originally.

• As I said, you have make sure that you differentiate between Garmin as a merchant, and Garmin as a service provider of digital wallets.