This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will AMEX be supported by Garmin Pay

Garmin Pay is the bomb dot com, or so I thought. I recently switched credit cards to an American Express but am dismayed to see it is not supported. Is this on the roadmap, does anyone know? It'd be a real shame to need to switch to an apple watch over this, since apple pay works for pretty much anything.

Please bring AMEX support! Let's keep Garmin Pay great!

• May be someone have this information. is any time soon will the Garmin Pay start supporting Amex cards?
  • If your card is not compatible with Garmin Pay, contact your bank and express your wish to have them work with Garmin Pay.
  • If your card is not compatible with Garmin Pay, contact your bank and express your wish to have them work with Garmin Pay.

Ha ha ha. Apple or google never ask me that.
    People expressed wishes to Garmin many times to replace charging clips on Fenix 5 to the same as on fenix 3. Is it help?
  • Here in the UK the virtual mastercard (a prepay model) boon by wirecard works a treat, all managed by an app on the iphone. Been using my Garmin pay on the 5X+ with no issues, really pleased with it

£1.50 per month fee and no Android support...any others?
  • Will Amex be added to the list of compatible banks. I can’t believe it by one of the worlds most popular tarda is not on the list. Please reply, as this is my second attempt at an answer, no reply on the first. 

• You will need to ask American Express if they have any plans to support Garmin Pay.

Garmin provides the platform, but is up to the financial institutions whether they use it or not. My guess is for most of the major financial institutions the Garmin Pay share of the market, compared to Google Pay and Apple Pay, is so small that it is not worth supporting.

• Already spoke to Amex. They say it’s a Garmin issue. Amex says they are compatible, and it’s up to Garmin to add to their list. 

• and it’s up to Garmin to add to their list.

It's not that simple. Garmin and American Express will need to have agreed terms for how much American Express is going to pay Garmin for each transaction (Garmin may want more than American Express is prepared to pay), fraud liabilities (who covers the loss), compliance with country/state local laws on financial transaction, and many other contractual concerns that keep company legal departments in work.

• Garmin does not have any option to add an AmEx card to their platform when they add that, and I am still unable to add an AmEx card I will talk to Amex until than I will talk to Garmin about adding AmEx to their options.

• Aqui no Brasil a Garmin não funciona com nenhum cartão. Pagueiuma fortuno no Garmin Fenix 6x pro Solar e não tenho o serviço que um relógio dez vezes mais barato tem. Triste