This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When will AMEX be supported by Garmin Pay

Garmin Pay is the bomb dot com, or so I thought. I recently switched credit cards to an American Express but am dismayed to see it is not supported. Is this on the roadmap, does anyone know? It'd be a real shame to need to switch to an apple watch over this, since apple pay works for pretty much anything.

Please bring AMEX support! Let's keep Garmin Pay great!

• Seems to me that Amex is ready, however Garmin won't talk to Amex, and Amex won't talk to Garmin. Why don't Garmin make the move, set things up with Amex, and make their Users happy. 

• Seriously, time for the two to get it figured out.  It's one the few things that I think FitBit has in their favor and definitely in Garmin's interest to figure out.  

• I second this. I NEED AMEX on my Garmin pay

• There's no incentive to upgrade to a watch with Garmin Pay if the accepted banks are so limited. Amex should be a priority.

• Please Garmin sort this out. Will seriously be looking at a different watch brand because AMEX is not supported

• Ever consider that American Express may not be interested in supporting Garmin Pay?

Garmin Pay can only be used for contactless payments at payment terminals. Garmin Pay is only available for use on a subset of Garmin watches and none of the Garmin Edge devices.

Apple Pay and Google Pay are available to most devices on their respective mobile platforms and with consequential bigger share of the potential market which makes financial institutions more interested in supporting them. You can also use them online to a certain extend so further increasing the potential market.

• Yes I have considered that the problem is with Amex so I've raised the same issue with them. As a lowly solo customer of both companies I am obviously not privy to where the holdup is between them.

I can only raise my personal issue and this seems to be the correct forum to do so with Garmin. I can load my Visa on my Garmin device so it doesn't seem unreasonable to also want to load my Amex. But that's just me...can't hurt to ask.

• We need support for Amex in Garment Pay now! You will lose customers if you don't act!

• There seems to be a lot of topics over the past several years about AMEX support for Garmin Watches. Garmin says to contact AMEX, AMEX says to contact Garmin. Can someone at garmin simply take control of this issue and not just pass the buck on?

• Whether a card chooses to be part of Garmin Pay, is 100% up to the card's bank and that company. It is 100% outside of our control. We would love to have every single bank and credit union under Garmin Pay. It is a win/win for us and our customer base.