This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Add push ups activity manually with sets and so on

So I run and stop and do push-ups, using a own training set up with interval, and push lap when done.

but I also want to document the push-ups.

but how do I do that?

• This worked like a charm, you have solved an irritating thing for me.

I will try on my next run/push-up run.

Going to be interesting to se how garmin document a session like this. And if the runs will be a continuous run or several 1km runs and so on.

Thank you, very grateful!

• Good luck!

It will be a new activity every time you switch sport. It can look a bit crazy if you do many switches.
    From Skatås Sjöar last year: https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5422566540
    There was an issue at that time when the watch lost GPS position which made it draw lines to coordinate 0,0. Do not swim *** stroke for too long time. That issue should be fixed now.

• Ok looks great. My issue with pace still running during push-ups will disappear now I guess.

and the whole thing will be as one activity with many activity’s in it. Like the one you showed.

cool!

• So i did a short activity like this today, I worked fine. It actually recognize almost every strength as push-ups, and counted exactly right.

But, the gps was not good, with shifting activity, it turns off gps, and takes a time to get connected when starting the run agin, and in the end I lost 10% of the distance. I don’t like that. I don’t think I can force it to stay connected during strength either.

would be nice though.

• That was bad. You might get faster GPS lock if you stand still after the switch, but that might beat the purpose of your workout.

I can't enable GPS for Strength and you need to have it as Strength for it to be able to identify the exercises.

• Yes I will try some different approaches, and I guess either standing still for a few sec when shifting to run, or run a little further.

But in the big picture it works pretty nice.