This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Zero Moving Time

The ride I did on 5th January included moving time of 1:22:16 my next and all rides since January 10th show moving time of 0:00 and no Avg Moving Speed. Can someone explain please why my Edge 520 has stopped recording moving time ?

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hard to tell. Try making some free room on the storage, by deleting files from the folder //GARMIN/Activity, over the USB cable, and restart the device

• Having the same issue with my Fenix 6 Pro. Moving time, moving pace and average moving pace all show as either an empty cell or 0. It's happened maybe every other day/run for the last week. I had thought it could be related to GPS connection (maybe tree cover), but mapping seems fine. I've emptied the course, music, and activity storage and done a full reset and re-pairing, but noticed today that it's still happening.

• Thanks for the suggestion but I have more than 5GB of free space so don't think that is the problem.

• Well, I saw at least one other similar case here on the forum, and apparently nobody on the user forum knows the reason or the solution, so the only thing I can recommend is contacting the Customer Support and creating a case. 

• Thanks, will do.

• Not sure if you’ve reached out to Garmin yet, but I did yesterday morning and they had me delete a handful of folders in my Fenix’s file system after connecting it to a PC via USB including Activities and New Files. It sounded like this was to free up space (I had already deleted all activities, music, and courses) and rebuild the activity profile types. I’ve recorded two runs since then and moving time has been present in Connect. Since I had already cleared out room on the device and was still experiencing the issue, I’d guess it was the rebuild of activity profile types that did the trick, particularly since I was only seeing the issue with Trail Run. Maybe deleting and rebuilding your “Bike” profile would work. Good luck.

• After doing a bit more investigation it looks like the problem is with the Connect App on my phone. The Moving Time and Avg Moving Speed values are present until I edit the ride name. After saving the edit these fields get "zeroed" so I'm raising a ticket with Garmin Support.

• Hello, same problems with my Fenix 5X Plus

Since there is a bug in the app, the watch model is irrelevant. Everyone using the recent GCM app has the same problem.

Hopefully we can help each other.

No, in this case, we cannot really help. You'll have to wait for the fix from Garmin. Or to stop editing the activity in the app, doing it on the Web interface instead. Alternatively, you could install an older version from an unofficial APK archive such as the apkssl.com or apkmirror.com 

• Okay thanks, that's a quick and straight answer. Then I wait for Garmin ....