This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dream round disappeared from Connect app

As of today, when I click any of the golf related headings on the connect app, the Garmin Golf App opens instead of the result showing in Connect. This in itself is t a problem but for some inexplicable reason, the Golf App does not show your average score for each hole over time (effectively your personal stroke index) nor your dream round. Both of these functions, certainly the former, you would think are essentials. These functions are also unavailable on the web version of Connect.

Will these be added to the Garmin Golf App?

Thanks, Alan

• I have the exact problem and it is infuriating.  I used to get all sorts of data that really helped me.  Knowing that missing the fairway left on #7 resulted in a +1.7 strokes to par, vs. +0.6 when I missed right and +0.4 when I hit the fairway is valuable info.  This is now gone.  Why?  Also, knowing my average strokes on EACH individual hole was valuable in all sorts of ways.  Also gone.  And why is this data also gone from the website version?  Garmin really needs to get their act together.  I just deleted the app and reloaded it and this did not fix the problem.  Its exactly the same.  When downloading the app, I had to laugh at the words on the app directly under the Version information...  "Garmin Golf is constantly working to improve your experience."  Really Garmin?  Constantly working?  People have been complaining about these lost features for months.  What exactly does "constantly" mean to you?

• I can't imagine why Garmin would remove the best feature of their golf app. At first it seemed to disappear from the PC version, and now it's gone from the iOS apps too. WHY???

• Just had an email, dream round is back on the web version, have’t checked the app yet :)

• Same here.  Its on the web, but not the app.  Most of this discussion was happening in another dream round forum, which has now been locked and closed by Garmin.  They are tired of hearing from us I guess.  Furthermore, while I hate to seem unappreciative, the dream round was only a small part of what we wanted.  The full collection of stats were SO valuable.  I had taken screen shots previously to share with friends so I dug one out of the cloud and pasted below.  So after about 75 rounds, I used to be able to see that on hole 7, I hit the fairway 49% of the time, hit the green 24% of the time and averaged 1.6 putts.  When I missed the fairway left, my average score was 0.6 strokes higher than par.  When I hit the fairway, it was 0.6 strokes higher than par.  When I missed right, it was 0.9 strokes higher than par.  The data clearly shows that I am better missing left than right.  I found this information valuable.  Then, it shows that my average score was 4.7 and my best was 3.  So now, they have reinstated that my best score is a 3.  Thats pretty much it.  The rest remains unavailable.  Pretty lame, compared to what we used to get...  I really don't see what the problem is with just returning to what they used to give us.

• Looks like we're getting somewhere. I can now get individual hole stats and dream round on the website but not on the app yet. Hopefully that means it will shortly be coming to the app. 

Clicking the golf stats on the Connect app only opens the Golf app for me but for my daughter, they still appear in Connect (with all the old functionality). I tried downloading Connect onto a phone which doesn't have the Golf app but fir the golf stats, it just tells me to download the Golf app.

• It would be nice if the hole stats and dream round where in the apps, but having all the stats back on the web version is most appreciated. I use that info often. Thanks Garmin/Chris!