This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

csv export of activities is faulty; mismatch of headline and values; missing values for elevation

Beim csv-Export sind die Werte verrutscht.

Bild: Temperaturen- und Höhenangaben. Values in orange fields are missing in -csv.

• Works fine with me. I tried filtering activities to mountain biking only, just like yours, and the columns are aligned correctly. On the other hand, I do not have any MTB Dynamics data, so it could be coming from there. Can you post the file? 

• Hi trux, thank you for the quick answer. After having another look at the case, I found an issue in my way of importing data to excel. This is mainly related to the different formatting of data in english and german versions of Excel. I'll going to create a document describing the steps.

• Please, find here a description of what I did, "List of files" see at the bootom.

How to import -csv data from GC-export in Germany

It starts with creating a -csv  from GC:

-rw-r--r--@ 1 wk  staff  10965 30 Mär 10:37 /Volumes/xxx/_myGPS_Archivierung/Activities.csv

By opening this file in Excel I get some unorganized data:

Red rectangles indicate problems with „Umlaute“, blue arrows show decimal-point and thousand-separator, respectively.

Solving the problem with „Umlaute“ is described in „Garmin-Activity-List.pdf“, „Bild1“ and „Bild2“ (unfortunately in german). Result   is „Activities (2).txt“ which looks like this:

Importing this file to Excel described in Bild4 and Bild5 gives: 

103936 31 Mär 08:42 /Users/wk/GPS/_myGPS_Archivierung/Activities (2).xls,

wich contains the following tabs:

Activities: direct reading of „Activities.csv“.

Tabelle1: import of „Activities (2).txt“ described in Bild4 and Bild5. Some additional columns after "MaxTemp"

Tabelle2: import of „Activities.csv“ using „UTF-8“ in the first step and conversion of “,“ and “.“.

Here, I have used a newer version of Excel and the columns and values seem to match correctly in both, „Tabelle1“ and „Tabelle2“.

This problem is solved.

Remaining: "MaxTemp" is always =0.

List of abbreviations

GC: Garmin Connect

-csv: "comma seperated values"-file

List of files:

Questions-to-GC_v2.pdf  this version of the description.

Data files:

Activities (2).xls

Activities.csv.zip