This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect - own exercise name

Hi,

there is any possibility to make my own training with my own exercises names in Garmin Connect? I miss this feature so much.

Im doing specific training like calisthenic and i want to enter my own name of exercise. Now i can only select from available list.

Could you add field (next to "choose type") something like "other" where i can enter my specific exercise?

Please! its really helps me and others. When we do workout, we dont have time to reads own notes under exercise names....what i have to do now. 

• I can't believe something as simple as side crunch or oblique crunch is not in the list and the app will not let you add it.  What garbage is this! 

• If we try to see it the other way around.

Having millions of people buying smartwatch, fitness trackers, is already a lot to cover and give a solution to all those people. I'm with you. I have a Fenix 5X, I bought it for 499$ because I wouldn't have spent more than that on a fitness or smartwatch anyway. It worth more than a K$. But even if I would like to have my own exercises built into my watch in Garmin Connect, it would probably mean that my watch will cost 2K$ instead of 1K$.

But I agree it would be fun to have the possibility to enter our own exercises.

• I have tried this and it does not work well if you are doing exercises that are "timed", you need to be scrolling in the watch to read the correct exercise name. A pity this simple feature is not enabled. 

• One way I didn't have the time to explore is to export an exercise and open the file. Maybe, in NotePad you could just search for the name of the exercise and see if you can modify it. Then, you could import the file back to Garmin. It is a lot of energy but it could work. If you have a fdriend that knows how to do programming, it could help.

• Quite disappointing that after so many years this is still not soved

• Did you try this? I suspect the data will be referencing to the exercise "id" instead of saving the name. I'd expect that if you modify the file, the app will consider it as corrupted or will dismiss your custom name replacing it with the original one.

But this is just a guess