This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect - own exercise name

Hi,

there is any possibility to make my own training with my own exercises names in Garmin Connect? I miss this feature so much.

Im doing specific training like calisthenic and i want to enter my own name of exercise. Now i can only select from available list.

Could you add field (next to "choose type") something like "other" where i can enter my specific exercise?

Please! its really helps me and others. When we do workout, we dont have time to reads own notes under exercise names....what i have to do now. 

• Would it be ever possible to add custom exercises in strength workout? Current selection is wide and far from complete. 

• Your best bet would be to send it as a feature request to Garmin here: https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/.

While Garmin does sometimes post in the forum it is more a user forum and a feature request sent directly to them is more likely to get attention. That said, people have been posting about this issue since the strength training features were first added. While I agree that it would be more useful with the ability to add custom exercises I'm not optimistic about it happening. YOu never know though, if enough people send feature requests maybe they'll do it.

• Most probably they just don't care. This is one topic that is constantly raised here but nothing happens.

• +1 What is wrong with you, Garmin? I just ordered a watch from you but I think I'll return it as I want to log my exercise. Like logging what you Train is the SOLE PURPOSE for you product. I can't belive this discussion goes on for apparently 2 years and nothing happened.

• I think I saw the first request more than 5 years ago. Every single time it’s been repeated it’s been ignored. I’d be rather less irritated if one of the Garmin contributors was as quick to say “not going to happen” as they are to say “Apples fault!” at every possible opportunity. 

• I have just cancelled the order of my Vivoactive 4 on reading this and checking the connect software.  Having researched the problem it has been requested over and over again for at least 2 years and they simply don't seem to care what their customers request.  Well they are getting my money this time.

• Seems customizable to me, but maybe I'm not using Garmin Connect in the same way. 

• OK, so in a Cardio workout (or any workout activity), I want to add an exercise which isn't in the drop down list, how do I go about it?

• OK, so in a Cardio workout (or any workout activity), I want to add an exercise which isn't in the drop down list, how do I go about it?

For example, select something similar, or whatever else that you don't use otherwise (to avoid a mistake), and then put the true name and/or description into the note

• I guess they want to know exactly what you are going and log all the metrics so they can sell the information.  If they don't know exactly what exercise you are doing the information is useless to them.  All the information they allow us to monitor about ourselves is not for our benefit its for their own corporate uses, they just allow us to see it otherwise they wouldn't be able to get at it.  And we pay good money for this?  I can't wait until the pendulum swings the other way and companies like this will giving away their hardware to get the information which after all is ours.  The day will come Garmin!