This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Connect - own exercise name

Hi,

there is any possibility to make my own training with my own exercises names in Garmin Connect? I miss this feature so much.

Im doing specific training like calisthenic and i want to enter my own name of exercise. Now i can only select from available list.

Could you add field (next to "choose type") something like "other" where i can enter my specific exercise?

Please! its really helps me and others. When we do workout, we dont have time to reads own notes under exercise names....what i have to do now. 

• you cannot add custom individual exercises.

As already written earlier in this thread - you can simply use any other exercise, and put your true name into the note. The result is the same as a custom exercise, with the only difference that the name is in the note, not directly in the title of the exercise. So when you do the workout, and the selected exercise appears on the watch's screen, if you do not remember what it was used for, just press the Enter button, to see the note with your true name or description.

• Hi! How do you change the name of the workout? In the text field one can only search for a workout, and not type a custom name. If this worked it could at least help with naming things right. Having the name in the comment is just not enough for me! 

• As I wrote: select any otherwise unused exercise, and enter the name (or description) of your desired missing exercise into the note.

• An easy solution for Garmin would be to have user-defined exercises (which could potentially be adopted by the app if there are enough of the same similar items).  It could even be limited to say 50 if there is a concern about keeping that data.  We are able to create custom activities, so I don't see the big deal.  At the very least, an "Other" exercise could be created where you could just add the details to the notes of a custom workout.

• Hi,

I would like to create activities with my own exercises names in Garmin Connect that i then could sen to my fenix 6 pro.

I do functional training like hiit, CrossFit type workouts and i want to enter my own name of the exercises when they are not available. Now i can only select exercises from the list.

Could you add an option like "other" where i can enter my specific exercise name?

When i executing a workout, it would be nice to see the exercise names on the watch without having to read the notes. Also when I want to add exercises after a workout I’m forced to add another exercise without notes.

This is unfortunate because I’m forced to use another schedule to log my workouts but keeping my data in connect to get physical data from the watch like heart rate an other. So I’m forced to use two apps.

I would really appreciate this function so I can keep all my training log and data in one place. I like the connect app for everything else.

Thanks!

• 1. You can't add custom workouts on GARMIN 

2. You can't even duplicate exercises within a workout, all manual entries everytime 

3. You can't share your workouts with other users 

The forum appears to be a place you go to discover which basic features are simply just ommited. I somtimes wonder if anyone at GARMIN actually uses the workouts feature, cause it is sole destroying trying to set anything up there. 

Anyone have any other suggestions or alternatives cause I am ready to give up on Garmin. 

• The fact that this is the only work around to this problem is actually a joke. 

• G’day Garmin team, I know there’s lots of threads about being able to add our own exercises.  I can’t see an answer or a timeline for this piece of work.  Clearly the community wants it.  

Could you let us know when this is scheduled fo.  It will make the device more useable and help with overall satisfaction levels - meaning people will be more likely to recommend a Garmin over other watches....:)

• Why can I not add custom names for exercises when creating a workout? Surely this is about as basic a feature as you could expect??