This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to import data weight to garmin

Hi 

I don't have garmin weight scales and I would like to export from excel to garmin Connect all my historical weight. 

How to do that? 

In the icon cloud there is possibility to export

Body
Date,Weight,BMI,Fat,
12-02-2020,100.8,29.1,28.4,45.1

What about other data how to export?

I am not sure which parameter i should use to exper other data

Regarding link https://jhartman.pl/2016/12/10/withings-to-garmin-connect/

&

https://github.com/jaroslawhartman/withings-garmin-v2/commit/f174212d209829c116cd7d39d3dfd28a7df444da

class Measurements(object):

# M or F
gender = 'M'

def getWeight(self):
return 100

def getPercentFat(self):
return 100

# www.medcalc.com/tbw.html
def getPercentHydration(self):
return

def getVisceralFatMass(self):
return 100

def getBoneMass(self):
return 100

def getMuscleMass(self):
return 100

def getActiveMet(self):
return 100

def getActiveMet(self):
return 100

def getPhysiqueRating(self):
return 100

def getMetabolicAge(self):
return 100

def getVisceralFatRating(self):
return 100 
  • Still, nothing changes to export water etc
    Garmin don't want to help

• Garmin don't want to help

If you really need to have all those values in your GC account, then the simplest solution may be buying the Garmin Index scale.

• You are right ,but now i wait for scale 2 and don't prefer old scale 1. 

Garmin should support in this subject, because they know how to do that , but they don't have any business to help me ;-)

• Garmin should support in this subject

Why they would do it? They sell the Index scale, so they have absolutely no interest in supporting products of the competition. That's pretty much comprehensible.

• you are right  ;-(

• Thanks, it worked. But I had to include 0,0 for BMI and Fat.

• hi-- struggling a bit, have tried various formats including putting quotes "" around variables. also tried xls and csv uploads. also tried without adding the zeros for BMI and Fat. i typed in what my csv format looks like when i open it. the file name appears in first row, and then row 2 "Body" is grey background as a header, with then the text of Date etc below that, followed by the variable data. Any suggestions trux, or anyone? Thank you!

garminweight
    Body
    Date,Weight,BMI,Fat
    2021-04-12,197.7,0,0
    2021-04-12,199.2,0,0
  • the file name appears in first row

Why? It does not belong there. Use the exact format suggested in my first post:

Body
    Date,Weight,BMI,Fat
    01-11-2019,77.5,25.84,20.0

And if you use the comma for decimals in your GC settings, you have to quote the values:

Body
    Date,Weight,BMI,Fat
    01-11-2019,"77,5","25,84","20,0"
  • Still isn't working for some reason. Thinking there was a max number of records I tried doing 30 weigh-ins, and still no success. tried the 0 after decimal as well. Is there an email I can send my file so you can view it? mine is pdxdaly (@gmail) - really appreciative. Brian

• You can zip the file and insert ithe zipped file here - see the function Insert » Image/video/file » Upload (you have to click the gray label Upload without entering enything into the box, then select your zipped file)

You can also use the file from the following zip to test the import. If it works, then open it with Notepad and enter the true data.

weight.zip