This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to import data weight to garmin

Hi 

I don't have garmin weight scales and I would like to export from excel to garmin Connect all my historical weight. 

How to do that? 

In the icon cloud there is possibility to export

Body
Date,Weight,BMI,Fat,
12-02-2020,100.8,29.1,28.4,45.1

What about other data how to export?

I am not sure which parameter i should use to exper other data

Regarding link https://jhartman.pl/2016/12/10/withings-to-garmin-connect/

&

https://github.com/jaroslawhartman/withings-garmin-v2/commit/f174212d209829c116cd7d39d3dfd28a7df444da

class Measurements(object):

# M or F
gender = 'M'

def getWeight(self):
return 100

def getPercentFat(self):
return 100

# www.medcalc.com/tbw.html
def getPercentHydration(self):
return

def getVisceralFatMass(self):
return 100

def getBoneMass(self):
return 100

def getMuscleMass(self):
return 100

def getActiveMet(self):
return 100

def getActiveMet(self):
return 100

def getPhysiqueRating(self):
return 100

def getMetabolicAge(self):
return 100

def getVisceralFatRating(self):
return 100 
  • You can save the Excel file in CSV file format. You just have to open it then in Notepad, and add the line 'Body' at the top. When done, you can import it in Garmin Connect Web (see the Cloud symbol at the top right of any page)

This is a sample data, but the file can also contain just the date and weight columns, the other columns are not mandatory:

Body
    Date,Weight,BMI,Fat
    01-11-2019,77.5,25.84,0

You should be able to import an Excel file directly too, I am just unsure of the exact format. My assumption is that it would have to have the first line with "Body" too, but unlike the CSV, I did not test it.

• Great bt how to put manual this exel in garmin connect? 

• Great bt how to put manual this exel in garmin connect? 

In the same way - clcik the Import symbol (a cloud icon) at the top of the Garmin Connect Web, and drop the file into the import field. As I wrote, I did not test the exact formatting, but suppose it needs to be similarly structured as the CSV file - Body at the top, then another row with the table header, and then the table with the dates and weight data. If it does not work, just use the CSV file as described above.

• I am not sure where is that cloud icon. Please share screen. 

• I found that icon , but when i export i have issue:

"An error occurred while uploading. Try again."

Regarding that page i thing different format should be but still issue i have:

"samplePk":1527829876714,"date":"2018-06-01T00:00:00.000+0000","calendarDate":null,"weight":102400.0,"bmi":null,"bodyFat":null,"bodyWater":null,"boneMass":null,"muscleMass":null,"physiqueRating":null,"visceralFat":null,"metabolicAge":null,"caloricIntake":null,"sourceType":null},"

https://www.alunr.com/exporting-weight-data-from-garmin-connect/

• Reread my first post and use the format I suggested

• Hi works

but without 

Body fat Water Muscles Bones

could you please help?

example

Body
    Date,Weight,BMI,Fat,Water,Muscles,Bones
    12-02-2020,100.8,29.1,28.4,45.1,36.2,13.9

• Garmin Connect uses only the weight, so importing the other values would be useless anyway. If you need to keep track on the other values, use for example MyFitnessPal - it has an interface to Garmin Connect, too.

• You mean is not possible to export example water to garmin connect? manaual like weight?

I would like to have all data in garmin connection.

I have that thata in myfitness , but for me is more important in garmin manual export water etc.

• No, Garmin Connect keeps track of the weight only. Not sure whether it changes when you have the Garmin Index scale, but by default there are no fields for any other values than the weight, in the Health Stats » Weight category.