Reschedule Missed Workout on a Training Plan

Hello, 

This seems to be an issue I have seen here before, but the answers to remedy it aren't working. I was sick this past week, and I would like to miss the run I missed on Thursday. The app on the computer and phone will not allow me to do this. I also tried to get around it by selecting the workout on the watch, but it doesn't give me my missed workout as an option. I am not sure what to do, thoughts?

• *** When I am logged into Garmin Connect (app or laptop/PC), there does not appear to be any way to move a past OR future Training Plan workout (no grab dots on the session bar).  There is also no way to move this on the Connect app. SUPER INCONVENIENT.  I understand that when you're on a "plan" the coach wants you to stick to the workouts as prescribed, but that is not always possible in the real world. ***

This is the only workaround that I found that worked for me on the DAY AFTER a missed training session:

- Pause your training plan on the Connect phone app or laptop/PC

- Manually recreate yesterday's missed training session in the Garmin Connect app on your phone or laptop/PC then sync it to your device (not too hard, use the Repeats feature for intervals)

- Complete the manual training session

- Resume the training plan on the app or laptop/PC on the day after you complete your manual training session. If that is a rest day on your plan, then you will have to manually create the 2nd "missed" session from the day before if one was scheduled.  (If you resume the training plan on the same day as the manual session and a different training session was planned for that same day, you won't be able to move that one either. Nobody will stop you from doing 2 session in one day but most of us won't do that.)

I have re-created a few Training Plan sessions like this and named them the same workout name as in the training plan so that if I have to reuse it in the future for a missed session, it's easy to add the correct manual session to the calendar For instance, instead of saving a manual session as "Run" change the name to "Speed repeats - manual." These are created sessions are saved in Training & Planning / Workouts / My Workouts for future use. As training progresses and time/speed/etc. are added to the sessions, it's easy to edit the manually created sessions to keep up with the plan.

I hope all of this makes sense.

GARMIN - would it be difficult to add a "Date" data field to ANY session (training plan, manually created, etc.) that you could manually change in the Edit mode and it will move the session on your calendar?  I'm not a programmer, but that seems like it would be a very simple work-around for this problem that a lot of people seem to encounter.

• Hmm… I seemed like it was going to work but gave me an error after confirming the reschedule date 

• I am late to this feed but for anyone having the same problem. Go into your workout (it will probably have rest day if you have missed one day) click that screen. You then have the option of doing your missed workout or your next 2.

• Confirmed as of June 2023. You don't need to reschedule the missed workout! It's still in your watch ready to go.

On your watch go to the widget (?) that shows your training calendar, e.g. "week 4 Rest Day". Select it. It'll then tell you "week 4 Rest Day Tomorrow whatever routine is scheduled". Select that and the very first option is "Yesterday whatever workout you missed". Select that and you're off to the races.

• There's now a much simpler option on the watch. No need to reschedule anything. The missed workout is still in your watch ready to go. When it says Rest Day simply select that and it'll give you the option to start Yesterday's workout (Forerunner 245).

• If you use the web interface (https://connect.garmin.com/modern/calendar) you can literally drag and drop a mised training session from a previous day. This even works on a mobile web browser. But I can’t find a way to do it in the app.

• Thank you. This is excellent and worked

• It’s crazy that after 4 years, this is still an issue. Seems pretty easy to fix, but garmin just gives the middle finger to all of their customers

• It’s crazy that after 4 years, this is still an issue

It is not really an issue. The Coach Plans are adaptive, so when you miss a workout, you just go on with the next one. The plan adapts accordingly. That's why the rescheduling of missed workouts is not implemented.