This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

We don't support the file type you tried to import.

Having an issue uploading my activity to Garmin Connect (recorded with a Forerunner 35; it didn't automatically sync when paired to my phone via bluetooth, so I tried manually uploading the activity but I hit the 'We don't support the file type you tried to import). Tried http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/, but 'fixed_.fit' file I get doesn't have the GPS data at all.   

Attaching the original .fit fie to this post (zipped).  This is the second time I've had this issue and I suspect that it's just a consequence of working with a somewhat larger than usual file (most of my activities are in the < 100 kb range, while this one is more like 300 kb; this was a trail run, so there is fair amount of elevation data and such too). 

If anyone could help me out, that would be great.  :)  Also, any tips on how to avoid this from happening in the future?  I just cleared my Garmin of most of the old activities (since they got uploaded anyway), but not sure if that will prevent similar occurrences again. 

9B281538.FIT.zip

Top Replies

• Former Member
    Former Member over 4 years ago +1 verified

The devil played his part in this mishap Wink

your file contained a corrupted data record

removed corrupted data, updated file length, recalculated checksum

also recommend you contact Garmin Support…

• Former Member
    Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to 6010331 +1 verified

hi, sorry to hear about your mishap

some advice

contact Garmin Support by phone and tell them about your mishap

• get a case number and report that number in the forum
    • you can help others with…

All Replies