This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Edge 500 - Incorrect FIT file Date

Dear Garmin Support

I have been a happy user of my Edge 500 for many years. However recently it has developed an intermittent problem.

Some FIT files are saved with dates of 22nd Aug 1999.

I have searched and searched for support and have not found a solution. I have tried FIT File Tools, I have hard restarted the device. My software is up to date.

I don't understand why some rides are recorded correctly and some are not. Attached is an example of a file recorded today with the date of 22nd Aug 1999.

How can I stop this problem recurring please?

BTW the Garmin support is not user friendly, hence posting this request for support to the Forum may not be the right place to ask for help...

So far it seems my best option is to buy a replacement that is not made by Garmin.

Thanks in advance

Stuart

• Same problem here. I do a factory reset and its fine for a awhile then reverts back to 1999?

• I do a factory reset and its fine for a awhile then reverts back to 1999?

Did you go out and turned on GPS, after the reset, so that the device has the chance to acquire GPS satellites, and correctly set the time?

• Thanks Trux - I now make sure I have GPS lock before starting to record an activity - this has resolved my problem. It doesn't answer why it wasn't an issue before, I used to start the activity and let the GPS acquisition happen during my ride and never had a date issue. Never mind - problem solved. Cheers S

• Ok that fixed it, thanks. However I never previously had to do that, I just would start the gps and ride until the satellites were found and all ok. This has changed because now you need to let the device lock onto the satellites before you press start.

• However I never previously had to do that,

One possibility is that you do not update regularly your watch with Garmin Express, and the ephemeris data file is expired, hence acquiring the satellites takes minutes instead of seconds.