This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

All maps are Kansas City now

HELLO

I have a garmin 810, however today did a ride and its not uploaded the map either on strava or connect

any ideas what i can do?
  • You can plug the device into a computer an manually load the log file into Connect/Strava.
  • Running in Michigan, map shows Kansas! Running metrics not showing at all!

I'm using a Garmin Forerunner 230, v7.10.0.0 and iPhone 5s, v10.12 with Garmin Connect Mobil. Both are kept up to date with the most recent software updates.

This problem popped up today, 02/25/2017. Went for a run and the data transferred to my phone without an issue like it always has. Sit down with my computer and the map is showing Kansas, when I ran in Battle Creek, MI. Pace, HR and other graphed data not showing up at all. I refreshed the page, still showed Kansas. I synced the phone and watch once more, then refreshed the web page again, this time the run shows on the map in the appropriate place and the data graphs for the usual metrics.

Left the page, came back to it later and the problem is back - map does not display the run and the graphs for the metrics do not appear, even though I know the watch and phone captured the data and transferred it to the page for display.

Hoping it's a web glitch and not something with my devices. Anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • All maps are Kansas City now

Just did a nine mile run and went to edit and the map is near KC (I'm in Atlanta). Looked and all runs have the same map using Safari. Tried Chrome and the same. Don't get any maps on my iPhone. Is the mapping down on Connect?

• Having the same issue. Ran in Tampa, my map is showing Overland Park, KS and no graphs.
  • Same problem here. My runs also transfer to Strava and the map of my actual run is showing up there perfectly so the issue thankfully isn't with my Garmin 620 but Garmin Connect.
  • It must be because I'm having the same issue. My runs also transfer to Strava and the correct run data/maps are showing up there.
  • It's a global issue. I (from Belgium) have it as well for all activities. I just uploaded my snowboard tracking of today and was pretty surprised to see the map not showing my tracking and just show some town and state in the US.
  • Help! All Activities on GC not showing route data??? Anyone else working?

Just logged into my account to download some routes from a few years ago for a ski tour I'm heading to in a few days.

Found the activities, opened them and no route information is mapped. I just see the Olathe, KS location on the map. I even tried some of my recent trips and see the same thing. Here's one public one for example from last weekends bike ride.

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1580205042

I tried to download the GPX (planned to import them into Gaia GPS for my trip) but get a "Failed - No file" error from Chrome.

I checked the Garmin Connect status page https://connect.garmin.com/en-US/status and all is green.

Tried contacting support, closed on the weekend?! You gotta be kidding me...whoever runs customer support at Garmin needs a wake up call.

Am I the only one seeing this?
  • Same for me, just posted a thread on this line too...

It worked yesterday, come on Garmin Admins, fix this!:mad:
  • Interesting. It was working OK no more than an hour ago.