This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

All maps are Kansas City now

HELLO

I have a garmin 810, however today did a ride and its not uploaded the map either on strava or connect

any ideas what i can do?
  • You need to turn on location settings in your browser settings for Garmin Connect

• Yes, they changed it lately.

Earlier it moved to Kansas when you didn't have any courses saved. When you had some courses, then it moved to area with those courses.

Currently it moves to Kansas when web-browser's location sharing is disabled. When location sharing is enabled - then it moves to area based on your IP.

It may seem a better option, but it's not, it depends how good your IP is matched. Most likely you'll get a region closer then Kansas, but it may still be a far away city, so you may still need to use search. When you have a dynamic IP, then sometimes it guess correct region, and sometimes a wrong one.

It would be for the best if they would just do what other websites - just remember last viewed location.

• "Earlier it moved to Kansas when you didn't have any courses saved. When you had some courses, then it moved to area with those courses."  NOPE: it still defaults to Olathe, and I've got loads of courses saved in and around my hometown of Baltimore.

"Currently it moves to Kansas when web-browser's location sharing is disabled. When location sharing is enabled - then it moves to area based on your IP."  NOPE: I've enable location services in Safari and Firefox (both running Mac OS X 13.1

I appreciate your efforts to provide an explanation for this glitch, but none have worked for me.  Any other thoughts? Thanks for any additional advice you might provide

• The first line is about previous state, it used to be like that earlier. Saved courses won't do it now.

Currently the only option is to enable location sharing in web-browser's settings and also you need to add the website on the list of permitted websites.

But this depends on your IP. For me it now shows some location 170 KM away, so even when it works it may be good for nothing. Also even when it guess a correct location, it won't be good for planning courses in another place where you plan to travel yet. So basically it's a broken feature, try more with browser's settings, but you don't lose much without it.

• Did you get this figured out I’m from Tampa as well and my Garmin is also showing up in Kansas 

• Have same problem with permanent location in Kansas city. 
    im from Denver, CO

• Have you allowed location permissions?

• Thanks, Everything is fine now.