This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sensors used

Please Garmin let me know what sensors were used in an activity.
How can I tell if the speed sensor was connected or not,
How can I tell if MY HRM was connected and not another.
How do I know if Temperature came from Tempe or internal...
The only thing mentioned is the watch used. This is ridiculous

and this would be awesome:
Re-Calculate the data by removing a sensor.
Do I feel the internal barometer is telling lies? Let me select gps elevation afterwards. With a push of a button.
  • I tried it many times and it showed elevation data taken from the map or from other users, not from MY gps.

It shows topographic data, using the GPS coordinates from your device (definitely not data from other users), which is much more accurate than what you can ever get with GPS directly. The accuracy of GPS acquired elevation is in the range of tens of meters. The accuracy of topographic data is in the range of fractions of a meter.

Besides that, I do not think the device stores the GPS elevation. It stores the barometric elevation.

• Thanks a lot!

Just fyi make an export of fit, then an export of gpx.Wink

Upload them to https://quantified-self.io/ and compare them.

Gpx has only position info

• Gpx has only position info

A GPX file exported from Garmin Connect contains the lattitude and longitude coordinates, the barometric elevation (as long as your device has a barometric altimeter), the heart rate, the cadence, and the temperature (depending ot the device you use, there may be more or less data in the <extensions> section).

However, it does not change anything on what I wrote - without the Elevation Correction activated, the elevation profile in Garmin Connect uses the data elevation from your device (barometric elevation in case your device has a barometric altimeter), and with the Elevation Corrections enabled, the GC elevation profile uses topographic data for the GPS path recorded by your device.

The elevation in the exported GPX file follows your choice of the Elevation Corrections - if disabled, it contains the elevation data from the device, if enabled, it contains the topographic elevation.

• connect.garmin.com/modern/proxy/activity-service/activity/123456789123

Then search in the results for the section sensors, it will show something in this form

interesting enough, while HRM, Stryd, Power meters are all there, Garmin Tempe  is not there !

• interesting enough, while HRM, Stryd, Power meters are all there, Garmin Tempe  is not there !

Was it used in this specific actvity, or do you mean another one? I can look at it closer, perhaps it is hidden elsewhere

• I can confirm it was connected in my 2 latest activities

connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5018572710

connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/5018576379

• Yes, indeed, the Tempe is for some strange reasons not listed among sensors, though I see it listed as gear (even on the activity screen). Did you add it as gear yourself manually?

• Yes, all gear added manually, just to remember what's used.

I also recall Joop Verdoom (iq developer) having trouble to find the special channel used by Tempe

• Today I did a swim with external HRM.

Imagine my surprise when I saw complete garbage taken from wrist watch's HRM. The external HRM was used about 5% of time, but there is no way to tell which one was used when

• For that reason, it may be safer turning the wrist OHRM off when using an external one. Under water the connection won't work well (if at all), so the watch may reverse to the internal OHRM easily if it is on.