This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Corrupt fit-file? How to fix?

Hi there!

My device is syncing, but my latest activity does not show up in GC. Manual upload to the activity-list stucks without error message.

What app do I have to use to open file? Any ideas to get this fixed are welcome! :-D
  • Thank You so much again :), absolute hero!!

• Sorry to jump on this thread but it seemed appropriate and saves opening another one! Can anyone help in fixing this corrupt file?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dl0ec19w1n8687m/AAAEjehENSnMVuDSHzUJ2jk3a?dl=0

Thank you.

Dave

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to j0hnst0n00

Dave,

your file can be repaired with help of Fit File Tools's section remover (try it)

follow the steps, ignore section removing Slight smile

happy & safe sporting

• Hello.  I know this is an old thread, but I just experienced this bad fit file and my ride cannot upload to Garmin Connect.  I tried the  http://garmin.kiesewetter.nl/ site, but it didn't work.  Does anyone have any other advice on how I may be able to fix this file?  I had several PR's and would love to get this ride uploaded.  Thanks.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Joshua_Helm

Does anyone have any other advice on how I may be able to fix this file?

check the post just before your's Wink

or

run your file through Fit File Tool's section remover

import this fit file manual from within Garmin Connect Web

when this fails

with your consent we can have a look at your file with FitFileRepairTool

zip the fit file and upload here in the forum, or provide a link to it on a cloud storage

happy & safe sporting

• Sorry for the post on old thread ... I'm desperate!

I went for a cycle this morning with my Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music. As I ended the activity, it froze momentarily then displayed a blank summary.

I synced the device with Garmin Connect but the activity I'd busted a gut for all morning did not sync.

I've pulled the .fit activity file off the device manually, a copy is saved at: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqzGPsw1wmIt2nyttFnnrAHAQVJx?e=vaVIoC

As far as I'm aware, the only corruption is regarding the summary data provided at the end of the app (although I'm no technical expert!).

If anyone has a licence for the FFRT (Fit File Repair Tool) or another way of fixing the corrupt .fit file who is willing to help me I will be SO grateful Slight smile

Thanks

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to 7894288

strongly suggest to call Garmin Support and tell them about your mishap

there are a multiple of VA3M users with similar problem !

to repair your fit file, read to post just before yours

this is how your repair result should look like...no additional data in your file

happy & safe sporting

• Hi OnlyTwo

Thank you for your response - really appreciated. I used the Fit File Tool section removed and the FitFileRepair and both provided the data up until 59.93KM (same as your data above). I cycled a total of 80KM and it seems to have just randomly stopped recording (the time stamp on the .FIT file suggests it stopped, although it was actually recording up until the end of the 80KM cycle ... or so it would lead me to believe!).

I've been trying to figure out what would 'trigger' it to suddenly stop working at that point in time to no avail. I didn't pause the watch at that time or until the end of the cycle, I didn't play music during the cycle so unlikely a spotify crash caused it, data on Garmin Connect suggests it didn't sync at that time so not a crash during syncing ... its a mystery!

Garmin support couldn't help, but I've asked to log with the tech team as seems to be a common issue. Lets hope they get to the bottom of it.

Cheers

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to 7894288

thank you for the feedback

Garmin support couldn't help, but I've asked to log with the tech team as seems to be a common issue. Lets hope they get to the bottom of it.
    • perhaps you could get a case number for other users to use when they call Garmin Support ?
    • was the watch connected to the phone ?

there is a beta firmware available since 23 days addressing bluetooth firmware

happy & safe sporting

• Able to help with this 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\localuser\garmin.kiesewetter.nl\loadup\AAH95504.FIT' because it is being used by another process.