This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BETA vivoactive 3 Music 5.61

Please make sure to follow the installation instructions close, as you will need to install multiple updates. Steps 2 and 3. 

Download

Notes:

• Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 5.60 to 5.61:

• Increased version number to allow testing with new Bluetooth firmware

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Venu to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip vivoactive3m_561Beta. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file into the \GARMIN directory of the device.
  3. From the RemoteSW folder in the unzipped download, copy the GUP3067.GCD into the \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder on your device.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  • The update goes smooth, ANT/BLE/BT 5.04, first sync without problems (Android 10). I have not seen new issues with this beta release so far. 

• Former Member
    +1 Former Member over 4 years ago

5.60 got me excited. update went fine.even conected to my phone. ONE time only.  Exactly the same as before . 

So 5.61

UPdate went fine. 

Says it is connected via bluetooth. 

Tried to setup one of the limited bank cards the Garmin allows and ....  tells me to connect via bluetooth. 

First thing Garmon can do is improve the instructions above.  It is not a Venu .

Second thing is admit that some BT chips in some VA3M's do not work and give people replacements .

To be honest , I have just ordered a FitBit Charge 4 for my wife , and will "downgrade" to the Fitbit ecosystem myself after Garmins treatment of VA3M customers .

• Is this the place to report positive experiences or are you looking only for issues? Are you, Garmin-Blake, a human or a bot? Since I have never received an answer to any questions on this forum I can only assume a bot. And not a responsive one at that.

• No, he is not a bot, made mistakes in the past posting ;-) Garmin is not really monitoring the forum. They expect negative rerponses for the beta on email. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Raymond Ilano

Not a BOT.  Not sure who or what is Garmin-Blake , I only saw one response from you some time back and wondered why you never posted when you had a problem with your VA3 but DID post when you didn't have a problem with the VA3M.  And that seemed strange to me as most people report issues , not join up and report a success ( one week into getting the unit ) .

I have had bands that mess with skin and have complained but it didn't start within a week.  So no , I am not a BOT , I am someone who paid for something that worked and after an update stopped working. 

No more responses to you unless you are helping to resolve the issue.

• Maybe improve your search skills since I have posted a lot on issues with the Va3M and unlike many here I contact support on chat to create incidents for my issues (none of them are solved by the way, in case you are asking)

• I did have an issue with my VA3 and support fixed it. Does it specify in the forum rules that only negative comments are welcome? You seem to be a bitter little person.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to hhasert

Apologies hhasert , I was not referring to you. I was referring to Raymond llano.    

• Accepted. I missed the ín 'reply to' probably ;-) Still Raymond is posting a lot, most positive, but the forum is not all about complaining. 

• This has finally fixed the bluetooth issue I had with the VA3M since December. It now stays connected to the phone and notifications are working.