This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BETA vivoactive 3 Music 5.61

Please make sure to follow the installation instructions close, as you will need to install multiple updates. Steps 2 and 3. 

Download

Notes:

• Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Changes made from version 5.60 to 5.61:

• Increased version number to allow testing with new Bluetooth firmware

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Venu to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip vivoactive3m_561Beta. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file into the \GARMIN directory of the device.
  3. From the RemoteSW folder in the unzipped download, copy the GUP3067.GCD into the \GARMIN\RemoteSW folder on your device.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to JustinWheelhouse

Excellent. I got the same but in sync it reverted back to 5.60. While it was working I still couldn't get the garmin pay to allow a card setup. Have you tried it? 

• It does not revert in sync, it just shows 5.60 as the version, did that before on the other beta as well. 

• Just tried and got a card setup in pay. Sync on PC shows version as 5.60 but on the watch it's showing as 5.61. Over 24 hours now with no disconnects apart from when I am a considerable distance from the phone as I would expect. 

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to JustinWheelhouse

Same here. 5.60 on Garmin Express and 5.61 on the watch.  Managed to setup a card too . The only thing that is not how it used to be is that it very rarely notifies me of messages .  Four hours and 20 odd messages in,  it throw up a notification, then nothing . Just now looking to see the version , it streamed a bunch of messages at me.

Also , the distance it measured is still out compared to Samsung band , Strava on phone and now wifes Fitbit Charge  .  Not sure if it was always out as I only started comparing after 5.50 came out.   

• Garmin Pay set up and used. Works as expected. Can't tell what the music enhancements are yet. Bluetooth seems solid with Motorola Verve Loop+ earbuds and Garmin HRM Dual connected for several activities. Connection to the phone and GCM seems more solid. I used to get a toast every time I opened the app to the point I turned off notis for GCM. So far so good for 5.61. We'll see how it ages within the next few weeks. Keeping the 5.60 files handy JIC.

• Have been using this since it was released. Bluetooth seems good. Floors maybe registering better. One minor niggle. If you are doing a walking activity and swipe to the watch face it shows one of the Garmin defaults not your selected one. When you finish the activity it goes back to your selected one so not a big issue.

• Improved BT?  Great!

When will this be pushed to production?

• I've been using the beta for a couple weeks now and have noticed zero issues. Not sure how long garmin's beta cycle is.

• This update finally fixed the issues that I was having with my iPhone SE. I have been unable to sync my Garmin and phone for months relying on the WiFi sync after working out but this update fixed the problem and now I can receive notifications and sync it with my phone. Bummer that it took so long to fix it

• I see the update in express now, although after sync nothing happend probably because I was on the beta already.