This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Workouts not on watch

As per title, in the past I've created a workout, saved it then pushed it to VA3, tried several times today to try and send some new workouts, everything seems fine but nothing actually gets transfered.
I've rebooted watch, force closed the garmin app, made sure my phone and VA3 are paired and getting notifications but still no joy.
Any ideas?
TAI

Top Replies

All Replies

• I have a Vivoactive4, updated to last firmare version (4.70). No way to move workouts form Carmin Connect App (Android) to the watch. I selecte the workout, see the overwiev and click on the upper right icond "send to phone"... The app says ok you can start your workout as soon as the watch will be syc'ed but after many syncs the workout is not there. Any suggestion?

• followed your advice I have the .FIT file in the watch folder //GARMIN/Workouts but I cannot find workouts on the watch. Where are they? There should be some particular activity? 

• There should be some particular activity?

Right. For example if you created a workout of the type Running, they will be in the menu of the Running activity. Same for types like Cycling, Strength, or Other - each will be in the menu of an activity of the same type (long-press the menu button, when on the Activity screen, and select Training » My Workouts)

• Thanks a lot, it worked for a custom workout. If I try to move one of the pre-defined workouts from Gamin Connect I still cannot find it: the .FIT file is there and it's a cardio workouts but I cannot find it under Cardio activity

• FOUND IT!!!! It's a little bit too tricky but ok. On Vivoactive 4, select a Workout from Garmin Connect APP (custom or pre defined) and push it to the watch pressing on the icon on the top right. Then sync the watch and go on the activity type related to your workout (e.g. Cardio) and start it. On the main page swipe from down to up and select Workout and it's there!!!!!

• this works! can we up-vote this response to the top for others benefit! :-) 

thanks!

• The way yo pull up a workout could vary from watch to watch. Please follow the instructions on this page - https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=Oyqt6jUjOF8L1Rnuc9Sms8   (scroll down and click on the watch you use)

• The way you pull up a workout could vary from watch to watch. Please follow the instructions on this page - https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=Oyqt6jUjOF8L1Rnuc9Sms8   (on the page, scroll down and click on the watch you use). I use Forerunner 645 and was able to find my workout. It is very tricky indeed. Its at a place which I seldom visit. There is however, another issue. When I try to add the workout to one of my existing training plans, none of the plans show on my watch upon syncing. I had to remove the workout from the training plan, sync again and everything got back to normal. SO try to avoid that.