This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Workouts not on watch

As per title, in the past I've created a workout, saved it then pushed it to VA3, tried several times today to try and send some new workouts, everything seems fine but nothing actually gets transfered.
I've rebooted watch, force closed the garmin app, made sure my phone and VA3 are paired and getting notifications but still no joy.
Any ideas?
TAI

Top Replies

All Replies

• You actually have to connect your device to your computer, go to https://connect.garmin.com/
    Go to Calendar, click the three dots in the upper right corner and choose 'send workouts to device' or something like that. That will launch garmin express wich will send it to your device...

• You actually have to connect your device to your computer, go to https://connect.garmin.com/
    Go to Calendar, click the three dots in the upper right corner and choose 'send workouts to device' or something like that. That will launch garmin express wich will send it to your device...

That's the weird thing, I've only ever used the mobile app to build and send workouts to my watch but suddenly it's not working
  • Problem solved, tried it through the PC and same problem, did a reset and its working now :)
  • Hi Thevoid, i am new to the Vivoactive 3. Everytime i make a new workout in the web site of garmin connect it gets sync'd to the mobile app but I have never been able to sync them to the watch. Any ideas? Gone thru the hole manual and can't seem to find answers. thanks,
  • Hi Thevoid, i am new to the Vivoactive 3. Everytime i make a new workout in the web site of garmin connect it gets sync'd to the mobile app but I have never been able to sync them to the watch. Any ideas? Gone thru the hole manual and can't seem to find answers. thanks,

Hi, unfortunately my joy was short lived, I've since tried to add other workouts and its not working, I've noticed that on the connect app when you tap the VA3 icon to sync it only goes around two thirds of the way round, all the other stuff works fine though
  • Hi, has Garmin ever found a solution to your problem? My boyfriend and I are having the same issue and we both have different devices. Very frustrated right now with Garmin.

• If it is a workout that does not upload to your watch, try doing a minor edit in it (i.e. changing a letter in the name) and send it again to the device. In case of a workout from a Training Plan, it is mostly sufficient to simply add any dummy workout (it can be completely unrelated to the coach plan) to the schedule and sync. It will clear the queue, and workouts will be syncing fine again. Also, use the USB cable and Garmin Express, for the upload to the device, if syncing over the phone app fails.

• Also note, that at a workout, you can either send it to the device alone, or you can also schedule it for a certain date. In the later case it will be sent in two separate FIT files, and the workout will pop up automatically when you start the activity of the corresponding type on the scheduled day. If it is not scheduled, you have to look up the workout on the watch, in the menu of the activity, under Trainining » My Workouts.

• ... and you can verify whether the workout and/or the schedule were really uploaded to the watch, by connecting to the device by the USB cable, and looking at the folders //GARMIN/Workouts and //GARMIN/Workouts/Schedule

• Just upgraded to VA3, and wanted to use workouts. I was finally able to load the workout to my VA3 from the app. First, select the workout and view the screen that says Overview, and below it will show Run Workout, and the steps associated with the workout. On the upper right of the screen is an icon of what appears to be a phone, with an arrow. Select that icon to load the workout to your VA3.