Garmin Connect Badges Not Being Awarded

Former Member
Former Member

Thank you for the ongoing discussion regarding the new badges. We have been following these discussions and are investigating why some badges have not been awarded as expected.

We have created this thread to track reports of badges not displaying in accounts. Please post here if you did not receive a badge as expected, and provide:

• Badge Type
  • Link to the activity (Privacy set to Everyone)
  • Any other details (such as social media platform you shared an activity to or linked your account with)
  • Do we have permission to view your account data while investigating this issue through our Administrative Tools (Yes/No)?

If you have previously posted about a badge not being awarded, thank you for doing so and there is no need to post again about that specific badge. We are investigating each of those reports and will reach out with any new information individually. We request that posts in this thread be saved for NEW reports of badges not being awarded to aid us in tracking these appropriately.

Thank you for the continued discussion and your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

**************************************************************************************************** *****************************************************************************

06/19/2018: A new update has been posted here.

• A possible, and a very common reason could be that your watch is associated with multiple accounts. However, in your case it is difficult to confirm that it is the case, because there are countless accounts of the same name, when you look up "Jack007" on the Connections page. It is well possible that more than a single one belong to you.  That's a very frequent problem, when people mistakenly hit the Sign Up button instead of Sign In, or when they reinstall the app, or install it on a new phone. Carefully follow all the instructions from the support document Data is Missing from My Garmin Account After Syncing to resolve the issue. Still, I am not quite sure whether (even if fixed) it will bring you back the 50k Steps badge retrospectively. In any case, it is neccessary doing it, to avoid other similar problems in the future

• Hi, the "Be My Valentine" and the "Share the Love" badges are no longer available? 

• the "Be My Valentine" and the "Share the Love" badges are no longer available?

They were available only in 2020

• I completed an activity today on Valentine's Day February 14th. I then synced and edited the activity, changing only the year to 2020 instead of 2021. I received the Be My Valentine badge. Then I shared the badge and received the Share The Love badge.

• Hi,

I had a couple of issues during my first rides with a home trainer because I had to merge activities. I did not have an Ant+ dongle to get HR data directly in Zwift. I think it screwed up some of the badges, even if I should have unlocked them at multiple occasions since then. Here are requested information. Is it possible to unlock the badges in these activities, please?

• Badge Type: 5-Mile Ride (8km)
    • Link to the activity connect.garmin.com/.../6085749023 
    • Any other details: Strava
    • Do we have permission to view your account data while investigating this issue through our Administrative Tools (Yes/No)?

• Badge Type: 20-Mile Ride (32km)
    • Link to the activity connect.garmin.com/.../6152367882 
    • Any other detailsStrava
    • Do we have permission to view your account data while investigating this issue through our Administrative Tools (Yes/No)? Yes

• Badge Type: Climber 1 (152m)
    • Link to the activity connect.garmin.com/.../6095403114 
    • Do we have permission to view your account data while investigating this issue through our Administrative Tools (Yes/No)? Yes

• Badge Type: Climber 2 (304m)
    • Link to the activity connect.garmin.com/.../6139332066 
    • Do we have permission to view your account data while investigating this issue through our Administrative Tools (Yes/No)? Yes

• Badge Type: Climber 3 (609m)
    • Link to the activity connect.garmin.com/.../6197258425 

• Badge Type: Indoor 10-Mile Ride (16km)
    • Link to the activity connect.garmin.com/.../6092397803 

• Only activities recorded by a Garmin device count towards badges. Make sure to start every activity on your Garmin device. Activities imported from 3rd parties like Zwift do not count.

• Did anyone else not receive the valentine badge?

• There were no Valetine's badges this year. Some people got the badge this year by back dating an activity to year 2020. If you share that badge you will then get the second badge.

• Question: Is it possible to get two badges in one activity if one of those is a monthly challenge? i am talking about the monthly 40k bike ride challenge and 50k indoor bike ride for example at the same time? normally you don't get lower badges e.g. 1 mile and 5k run for a 5k, but how about these monthly challenges?