This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Badges

I quite like the new badges, although losing sight of my step badges is annoying. I do note that the badges are very heavily weighted towards stepping, running and cycling. Where are all the swimming badges? I would have thought that some of the usual open water and pool swim distances would be worthy of a badge. Come on Garmin...there's a badge for a drone activity but not for a 1 mile swim? Not convinced that flying a drone does much for your fitness.
  • it would be nice if garmin could officially post it anywhere.

New badges are officially posted on the page https://connect.garmin.com/modern/badges in the section Available, once they are released. The floor climbing badges are already there. The challenge badges will certainly appear there soon too.

Does it require brick multisport activity or any multisport e.g. run+bike?

Did not test it, but any combination should be good, I believe, assuming your watch really does support the Brick mode.

• New badges are officially posted on the page https://connect.garmin.com/modern/badges in the section Available, once they are released.

I see, but its not something like news section, not everyone is looking here every week.. btw, why not in garmin connect mobile in notifications section, this is so useless now, I dont remember any useful info here.

I believe, assuming your watch really does support the Brick mode.

Yes, on fenix 6 when multisport activity one can choose: triathlon, duathlon, brick, swimrun and custom, so I wondered if brick badge is reserved for brick or any multisport one..

• Yes, on fenix 6 when multisport activity one can choose: triathlon, duathlon, brick, swimrun and custom, so I wondered if brick badge is reserved for brick or any multisport one..

The badge tells "Record a multisport activity", and usually the descriptions are pretty exact, so I'd take it as it stands. Try, and you'll see. I cannot, I do not have a compatible device.

• Virtual Climb - Angels Landing - Record a floor climbing activity with 1,500 feet of ascent.
    • Virtual Climb - Mist Trail - Record a floor climbing activity with 1,000 feet of ascent.
    • Virtual Climb - Druid Arch - Record a floor climbing activity with 735 feet of ascent.
    • Virtual Climb - The Narrows - Record a floor climbing activity with 334 feet of ascent.

BTW, if anyone wondered, whether you can get multiple floor climb badges for a single activity, then the answer is No, you cannot. I just did my 1500ft climb, and got only the highest badge, not the smaller ones.

• Did you do outdoor stairs with GPS?  Or did you use the floor climb activity on your watch indoors?  I climbed 35 floors inside, and Connect says 350', but the 334' badge isn't being awarded to me.

• I used the Floor Climbing activity, which allows both GPS on or off. And although I did it outdoor, I did not activate the GPS. Today I'll try the 1000ft badge with GPS.

Connect says 350', but the 334' badge isn't being awarded to me.

Share the activity and post the link here. What is important for the badge is the total Elevation Gain. For some reason it does not always perfectly match the Ascent value. So if the Elevation Gain is less that 350 ft, you won't get  the badge for it.

• with all those new badges why no new levels ? :-)

its a bit demotivating being on the highest 5th level just after 2 years , would be great if they could add few more levels say give motivation to hunt badges to reach level 10 for example Stuck out tongue

it would also be great if they could add some more swimming distance badges and maybe some more steps badges (say 60k/75k/100k ? ) mark some of the later repeatable?

• The badges feature is relatively new, and evolutes permanently. Practically each month there are new badges and features, so just give them some time, and I am sure that most of what you ask for, will be eventually offered too. They cannot add a thousand of new badges and features to satisfy everyone instantly. It needs work, time, and feedback, like anything else.

• So apparently indoor floor climbing doesn't work very well for these badges.

• I used the Floor Climbing activity, which allows both GPS on or off. And although I did it outdoor, I did not activate the GPS. Today I'll try the 1000ft badge with GPS.

So today I did another floor climb of 506m Elevation Gain, this time with the GPS enabled, and it worked too. Of course, I did not get the 1500ft badge again, since I had it already, and it is not repeatable, but I got the next one - 1000ft.