This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Badges

I quite like the new badges, although losing sight of my step badges is annoying. I do note that the badges are very heavily weighted towards stepping, running and cycling. Where are all the swimming badges? I would have thought that some of the usual open water and pool swim distances would be worthy of a badge. Come on Garmin...there's a badge for a drone activity but not for a 1 mile swim? Not convinced that flying a drone does much for your fitness.
  • OK, so I completed the 30th day of 10K steps/day since April 1st, but as for now I did not receive the badge. With the former 60-Day Goal Getter (as well as with the shorter variants) you get the badge as soon as you complete the goal. So either the streak really has to start after April 1st (mine started almost a year ago), or the 10K a Day Challenge comes the next day only. I'll report tomorrow whether I get it.

• OK, so shortly after the midnight from April 30th to May 1st, I received the 10K a Day Challenge badge, so you do not need to fear to have to interrupt and restart your current streak. As long as you had 10k steps each day since April 1st for 30 consequitive days, you get the badge (or got it already).

• Thanks for the info. I have been scouring through the list and maybe I missed a few, but it is hard to go from 1 mile to 10K in a limited time. Unfortunately, I am new in training and it will take some time. That is when I feel some people need it the most to get hooked on using their device as well! I actually feel great when I get a badge! It goes back to that little sticker the teacher gives you in grade 4 still for doing something good. I really would like to earn some of the badges for the "special" watches, it is a shame that they are not for everyone!

• I really would like to earn some of the badges for the "special" watches, it is a shame that they are not for everyone!

Oppositely, I think it is nice there is some diversity. And I bet some people are foolish enough to buy a new watch just because (or almost just because) they want the badge Slight smile Also, many of us wouldn't even know that some Marvel, First Avenger, Darth Vader, etc. special editions exist at all, it there were no special badges for them. Hence a great promotional tool for Garmin.

• yeah, i got it too :-) 

cool, so i can "relatively" soon get to say 999 day streak or so

but i got just one, not say ... 24 for the last 24 months ;-) Stuck out tongue

• Plenty of new badges again!

• Virtual Climb - Angels Landing - Record a floor climbing activity with 1,500 feet of ascent.
    • Virtual Climb - Mist Trail - Record a floor climbing activity with 1,000 feet of ascent.
    • Virtual Climb - Druid Arch - Record a floor climbing activity with 735 feet of ascent.
    • Virtual Climb - The Narrows - Record a floor climbing activity with 334 feet of ascent.

And a new category for June - Challenge Badges

• Fortnight 150K - Join this challenge and record 150,000 steps from June 15-28.
    • Major Miles - Join this challenge and record 100 miles of running activities in June.
    • Weekend 40K - Join this challenge and record a 40-kilometer cycling activity from June 19-21.
    • Ride to 100 - Join this challenge and record 100 kilometers of cycling activities from June 8-14.
    • Weekend Walking - Join this challenge and record a 3-mile walking activity from June 5-7.
    • Weekend 10K - Join this challenge and record a 10-kilometer running activity from June 12-14.

• Great that Garmin adds badges for new or a little more odd activity types like floor climbing instead of just the ordinary running and biking.

I wonder if the challenge badges are connected to a new (not yet released) function in GC since they have the new data "rule description" and "rules summary" besides the usual "title" and "description". I've checked the Challenges but nothing new there.

There is a badgeAssocType named BADGE_CHALLENGE in https://connect.garmin.com/modern/proxy/badge-service/badge/attributes
    I don't remember if it is new or old.

• There is a badgeAssocType named BADGE_CHALLENGE in https://connect.garmin.com/modern/proxy/badge-service/badge/attributes
    I don't remember if it is new or old.

Yes, there are 5 old badges under the category Challenges now, but I have the feeling the category itself is new, and that the badges were previously in the category Garmin Connect features or similar. I may be wrong though - perhaps the category was already there. Anyway the old challenge badges are not really challenges like the new ones, they are just related to the features of Challenges and Groups:

• Challenge Champ
    • Challenge Accepted
    • Members Only
    • Zombie
    • Join the Movement
  • Hi, thanks for sharing this info, it would be nice if garmin could officially post it anywhere.

BTW, I have a question about the brick badge. Does it require brick multisport activity or any multisport e.g. run+bike?