This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Badges

I quite like the new badges, although losing sight of my step badges is annoying. I do note that the badges are very heavily weighted towards stepping, running and cycling. Where are all the swimming badges? I would have thought that some of the usual open water and pool swim distances would be worthy of a badge. Come on Garmin...there's a badge for a drone activity but not for a 1 mile swim? Not convinced that flying a drone does much for your fitness.
  • Please add a badge for a Half-Marathon.

There is this badge already. But it's one time only. So, it would be ok to make it repeatable.

• Id like to see more badges as well, i dont think there are any for Hiking, not many for mountain biking they are mostly for running and cycling.

• Yeah more badges needed I cannot run or cycle because I've had a major operation so I'm missing out on loads of badges, but I can swim 5k, indoor row and other machines , walk and I do mountain climbs, they could easily change the cycling climb one to just climb could be a easy win, anyone else agree

• Yeah more badges needed I cannot run or cycle because I've had a major operation so I'm missing out on loads of badges, but I can swim 5k, indoor row and other machines , walk and I do mountain climbs, they could easily change the cycling climb one to just climb could be a easy win, anyone else agree

• hey could easily change the cycling climb one to just climb could be a easy win,

Actually you can do it yourself. When going to climb, simply start a cycling activity, and that's all. You can put a small bicycle model into your backpack not to feel like cheating.

• new badges with limit time:

badge_title_treadmill_1_mile=Treadmill Mile
    badge_description_treadmill_1_mile=Run 1 mile in a treadmill activity.
    badge_title_treadmill_5_km=Treadmill 5K
    badge_description_treadmill_5_km=Run 5 kilometers in a treadmill activity.
    badge_title_treadmill_10_km=Treadmill 10K
    badge_description_treadmill_10_km=Run 10 kilometers in a treadmill activity.

Do you know the limit period?
  • Many more new badges available recently. See the list below.

I guess that the indoors badges are limited for the time of the Covid19 outbreak, and as long as the outdoors activities are limited in some countries. For the moment no dates were announced, so I guess they disable them later, when the situation settles down. You better hurry to get them, though, you never know Slight smile

• Indoor 10-Mile Ride LIMITED TIME - 1 pt - Ride 10 miles in an indoor cycling activity.
    • Indoor 20-Mile Ride LIMITED TIME - 1 pt - Ride 20 miles in an indoor cycling activity.
    • Indoor 50K Ride LIMITED TIME - 2 pts - Ride 50 kilometers in an indoor cycling activity.
    • Treadmill Mile LIMITED TIME - 1 pt - Run 1 mile in a treadmill activity.
    • Treadmill 5K LIMITED TIME - 1 pt - Run 5 kilometers in a treadmill activity.
    • Treadmill 10K LIMITED TIME - 1 pt - Run 10 kilometers in a treadmill activity.
    • Super Strength - 1 pt - Record 5 strength training activities.
    • Walk the Walk - 1 - pt Record 5 walking activities.
    • Zen Master - 1 pt - Record 5 yoga activities.
    • Deep Breathing - 1 pt - Record 1 breathwork activity.
    • 10K a Day Challenge REPEATABLE - 4 pts - Get 10,000 steps a day for 30 consecutive days. (Step streak must begin on or after April 1, 2020.)
  • OK, I just completed a 20 miles indoor ride and opposite to my expectation, I received both badges for 10 miles and for 20 miles. As far as I remember at standard cycling you get only the higher badge, and have to make a separate ride for the shorter one. Or pehaps it is only at running, am not quite sure now. If I knew it, I'd continue for the 50km ride, it was not that far.

In contrary, at the treadmill, I did first a 1 mile run, and then a 5km run, so although I have two badges today too, I do not know whether I'd have them both also for just one 5km run. Never mind, it was an easy one, just my wife was not too happy that I was sweating and stinking in the flat.

• silly question

so in order to get the last one (10k a day challenge), if my current goal streak is say 737 days i have to break that and start fresh ? 

• I do not think so, but I'll be able to confirm or deny it in about an hour or two, when I complete my today's 10K steps