This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Badges

I quite like the new badges, although losing sight of my step badges is annoying. I do note that the badges are very heavily weighted towards stepping, running and cycling. Where are all the swimming badges? I would have thought that some of the usual open water and pool swim distances would be worthy of a badge. Come on Garmin...there's a badge for a drone activity but not for a 1 mile swim? Not convinced that flying a drone does much for your fitness.
  • There is a huge load of new badges again

• Indoor 4-Hour Ride - Record a 4-hour indoor cycling activity.
    • Indoor 50-Mile Ride - Ride 50 miles in an indoor cycling activity.
    • Treadmill 100 - Record 100 treadmill activities.
    • Treadmill 50 - Record 50 treadmill activities.
    • Zen Master 5 - Record 200 yoga activities.
    • Zen Master 4 - Record 100 yoga activities.
    • Zen Master 3 - Record 25 yoga activities.
    • Zen Master 2 - Record 10 yoga activities.
    • Deep Breathing 5 - Record 100 breathwork activities.
    • Deep Breathing 4 - Record 50 breathwork activities.
    • Deep Breathing 3 - Record 25 breathwork activities.
    • Deep Breathing 2 - Record 5 breathwork activities.
    • Walk the Walk 5 - Record 200 walking activities.
    • Walk the Walk 4 - Record 100 walking activities.
    • Walk the Walk 3 - Record 25 walking activities.
    • Walk the Walk 2 - Record 10 walking activities.
    • Super Strength 5 - Record 200 strength training activities.
    • Super Strength 4 - Record 100 strength training activities.
    • Super Strength 3 - Record 25 strength training activities.
    • Super Strength 2 - Record 10 strength training activities.
    • July Fortnight 150K - Join this challenge and record 150,000 steps from July 13-26.
    • July Major Miles - Join this challenge and record 100 miles of running activities in July.
    • July Ride to 100 - Join this challenge and record 100 kilometers of cycling activities from July 6-12.
    • July Weekend Walking - Join this challenge and record a 3-mile walking activity from July 3-5.
    • July Weekend 10K - Join this challenge and record a 10-kilometer running activity from July 10-12.
    • 4 Hours of Walking - Join this challenge and record 4 hours of walking activities between July 25-31.
    • 4 Hours of Cycling - Join this challenge and record 4 hours of cycling activities between July 25-31.
  • What activity on your watch do you set it to , to achieve the virtual climb badges ? Also on the indoor cycling badge what activity to you put it on the watch since it only has a bike option? 

• The new watches got more acitivity types. For virtual climb you use "Floor climb" and for indoor cycling you use "Bike indoor". If you don't have those activity types and can't add them you can change to those activity types in the app or on the web after you have logged the activity.

• What watch are you using? I had the same question for the floor climbing badge on my Fenix 3HR and used the Connect IQ app AnyActivity set to "floor climbing" and activated the GPS.

• Very excited about these!!  So, some of these new badges show that they have been available since 28 Apr.  Does this mean they will count workouts since then?

• Does this mean they will count workouts since

Yes.  If you've already done the requisite amount since April 28th, edit/rename one of them to trigger the badge(s).

• thanks!  It worked!  

• I can see all except last 7!!??

• They’ll go live when the challenges go live at the end of the month 

• Once again another batch of new badges is available (better told will be available in August) - the August Challenge badges:

• August Ride to 400 - Join this challenge and record 400 kilometers of cycling activities in the month of August.
    • August Step Month - Join this challenge and record 300,000 steps in August.
    • August Weekend 10K - Join this challenge and record a 10-kilometer running activity from August 7-9.
    • August Step Week - Join this challenge and record 70,000 steps from August 9-15.
    • August Rundown - Join this challenge and record 40 miles of running activities from August 16-29.
    • August Weekend 40K - Join this challenge and record a 40-kilometer cycling activity from August 28-30.