This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart rate during activity not showing in "All Day Heart Rate" Graph.

As seen in the attachments, the heart rate from my run today is not in the graph. However, I know it was being recorded, as there is data from the activity itself. Anyone know what the issue would be? I've looked at other days, and activity info IS in the All Day Heart Rate graph. For some reason this activity is not.

Ps. the second gap without heart rate is when I took the watch off to charge. ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1334552.png ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1334553.png ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1334554.png
  • Thanks, I'll try that. I noticed my vivomove HR was the preferred tracker, whereas it's the edge or vivoactive HR I use for activities.  Let's see if changing the preferred tracker to the vivoactive works.  I switch it off when not wearing it, so that should help if this is the issue

• I had this issue as well.  Did repeated sprints at a local track under track run setting.  Used a polar H10 as always and it's never failed. When I saved and looked back I had 0 training load and absolutely no anaerobic training effect.  Then the HR during the activity never showed up on the daily HR graph despite showing up the in activity file.  For reference, the same protocol executed on an indoor cycle with almost identical HR and respiration graphs gave me a 124 training load and 3.0 anaerobic training effect.

• Exact same situation here.

Did you manage?

Help please

• Hi, same problem here, anybody discovery how fix ?

• Exact same thing here. Garmin has heart-rate data recorded in activities recorded on cycling computers. Of course you don't want to set a cycling computer as 'preferred activity tracker' - that's not their purpose. Again, as mentioned, lots of people don't want to wear watches while they are out cycling, and even if they did, the heart-rate recorded on a cycling computer via chest strap is more accurate than a wrist based sensor. So yeah, Garmin - you have heart-rate data for periods one might not be wearing a watch (from the activity) so please show this in the all day heart-rate graph!

• I had something similar happening to me yesterday. Garmin Fenix 6s with latest firmware + Polar H10. My Garmin rebooted during the run. I was able to continue the exercise after reboot. The exercise has the detailed heart rate data but from the beginning until the reboot the data is missing in the “All Day Heart Rate” graph. Also the training status seems to consider only the data that is shown in the graph, taken only into account the short time I continued running after the reboot. 

• The daily data like the Steps, HR, Calories, Training Status, and are being stored in separate files in the folder //GARMIN/Monitoring, not in the activity files in the folder //GARMIN/Activity. So if the monitoring files got corrupted or erased, during the crash and reboot, then there is not much you can do. Perhaps scanning the drive with a data recovery program like Recuva may get it back, but the chances are slim.

• Thank you! This explains my situation.