This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart rate during activity not showing in "All Day Heart Rate" Graph.

As seen in the attachments, the heart rate from my run today is not in the graph. However, I know it was being recorded, as there is data from the activity itself. Anyone know what the issue would be? I've looked at other days, and activity info IS in the All Day Heart Rate graph. For some reason this activity is not.

Ps. the second gap without heart rate is when I took the watch off to charge. ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1334552.png ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1334553.png ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1334554.png
  • Did you use an external HRM for the run today, but the built-in optical HRM (if there is one) in your Garmin wearable device for your previous runs? (I have no idea which device model you have.)
  • Did you use an external HRM for the run today, but the built-in optical HRM (if there is one) in your Garmin wearable device for your previous runs? (I have no idea which device model you have.)

Sorry, I neglected to say. I have a forerunner 235.
  • The question remains: Did you use an external HRM (connected to the FR235, and in place of the built-in optical HRM) for the particular run(s) that left the gap(s) in your all-day HR data?
  • The question remains: Did you use an external HRM (connected to the FR235, and in place of the built-in optical HRM) for the particular run(s) that left the gap(s) in your all-day HR data?

I did not. I only use the FR235 to track my heart rate.
    Strangely, however, I checked this morning and Garmin seems to have added the heart rate data from that run to the graph. I'm happy it was resolved, but the delay in getting that data posted is strange.
  • I am having the same exact issue with my Forerunner 945. I did  a really hard workout this Monday, my device definitely recorded all my heart rate data, which shows up on some Garmin Connect screens, but is not being factored into Load or VO2 max calculations (all heart rate data also uploaded just fine to Strava and Strava is giving me credit for the load). So frustrating! Did you ever figure out what was going on, or get any word back from Support on this? 

• I'm having the same issue with my edge 1030.  The two watches I have show the HR, but the edge doesn't.  Although when i broadcast from my watch to Sufferfest the HR doesn't show up.  My HR for any cycling activity not recorded on the watch doesn't show up in the all day HR and isn't exported to third parties like cardiogram.

• I'm having the same issue with my edge 1030.  The two watches I have show the HR, but the edge doesn't.  Although when i broadcast from my watch to Sufferfest the HR doesn't show up.  My HR for any cycling activity not recorded on the watch doesn't show up in the all day HR and isn't exported to third parties like cardiogram.

• I'm having the same issue with my edge 1030.  The two watches I have show the HR, but the edge doesn't. 

Set up the watch you wear during the ride to broadcast the HR, and the Edge to receive the HR from the watch.

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/edge1030/EN-US/GUID-E2E2DC23-7B94-43B4-A30D-5FF32270BEC4.html

• Sorry, I wasn't being clear.  The ride's recorded on my edge (with HR info using a chest strap).  This then syncs over to connect. I can view my HR info in the activity, but not in the daily HR graph.  I don't like wearing the watch outside when the Edge has all I need - just another thing to break if I have a tumble ;D

When I'm on the indoor trainer I use the watch to broadcast to Sufferfest, which then syncs over to connect.  Again, I can see all the HR info in the activity, but nothing in the daily HR graph (or "time in zones either" - this is also recorded in the activity but not for the daily info).  This one I do find strange as I would have thought the watch would be recording the HR as well, but it doesn't appear to be the case.  

I can't work out why the HR info isn't being copied over to the daily HR info when it's recorded in the activity.  I've got truup enabled, but that doesn't seem to make a difference either.

• I can't work out why the HR info isn't being copied over to the daily HR info when it's recorded in the activity. 

Try setting the watch as the Preferred Activity Tracker in its Device Settings. If it does not help, then you have the device accidentally associated with multiple accounts, and the instructions from the support document Data is Missing from My Garmin Account After Syncing should help.