This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sync problems. Are the problems in the Garmin servers?

Hi!

My Garmin connect has failed to sync my watch for days now, HR stats graph shows that it stopped in the middle of the day at 21.1. It just stopped, no new updates for phone or apps installed, which might have caused this. BT is fine, phone calls will vibrate the phone. Watch still shows my HR.

Garmin Connect Device Sync debug log it the app says:" Listing failed. Failed uploading file...Unable to get the server endpoints for this unit and sub type combination...Unexpected server response."

Is there something wrong with Garmin servers?

___
Vivomove HR
Android 7, Samsung A3
GC 4.2.2
  • My location is Vietnam and seems like the APAC Garmin Connect server has died. I found an exception when trying to synce via Garmin Express:

2019-02-27 22:05:15.4089 | 1 | E | An exception occured during a sync operation.
    System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Garmin.Omt.Service.Sync.SyncTrueUpFault]: The creator of this fault did not specify a Reason. (Fault Detail is equal to Garmin.Omt.Service.Sync.SyncTrueUpFault)

It is clearly a server error for me. I also attach the error from Garmin Express.

Somebody please make the server up running again!!!ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1459732.png
  • Problems here in the Netherlands as well; device sync audit: "upload status=failed" .. "server took too long to process the uploaded file", and with adb logcat there are timeouts logged on http connections from the app. The activity-tracking (hr, steps) data that failed to sync between 11 AM and 16 PM today was lost.
  • Today I have checked the sync reports in Garmin Connect mobile. The error from the log file is Garmin Connect cannot download a file from server because this file does not exist. Anyone experienced this problem? ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1460641.jpg
  • Mine syncs some stuff but not my runs. I have to use Garmin Express then it appears on connect on my phone. A related issues is that I use GC to update Strava which updates my virtual program, so you can see the hurdles I have to go through. What is going on with Garmin?
  • My watch displays "Transfer in progress" for over an hour now, the sync progress indicator in Connect Mobile moves along very very slowly. In the mean time I've seen successful FIT files being sent (seen with adb logcat), my activities and hr/steps data is updated in Connect.

I don't know if these warnings were there before or not, but they might mean something to Android developers: "s.connectmobil: Long monitor contention" .. in for example: com.garmin.android.gfdi.filetransfer.FileDownloadStateManager.retrieveGarminDeviceXml()

I'm using Android 9, just installed, maybe a permission or setting I need to change?
  • Hi everyone!
    This is my first case here. I'm using Fenix 5s for less than 3 months. Few days ago I went for skiing. My battery was quite low and it turns out that the watch tourned off during the activity. After I recharged it I've noticed that my ski activity is missing and I can't upload any further activities by bluetooth to Garmin Connect app. I tried to upload it via Garmin Expres on my PC and it worked but I've got a message that there is an error during conection with Garmin Connect service.

I read that it might be coused by some corrupted files but I don't even know where to find them. Any tutorials says that Garmin Express should show them but mine is not.

I tried to check my app as well and it shows me that there issue with uploading file xxxxxxx_xx_xx.tmp reson= 500. I've tried to find this file on my watch but it's not there (or I don't know where to find it).

Anyone can help?ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1461083.jpg
  • Have been trying to sync my 935 with Garmin Connect for the past few hours to no avail

Steps and HR is OK, but my activities do not sync.

The sync logo is also "stuck" at the half way mark.

Have tried restarting both watch and phone but it doesn't resolve.

Any Garmin staff looking into this issue?
  • Same problem, since the 3rd now cannot sync to either phone (Android) or via USB and Garmin Express to computer. Tried everything from switching off Bluetooth and repairing to soft reboots and eventually did a factory reset on the Fenix 5S. Still unable to sync. Very very frustrating! Any other suggestions? I still get messages on my watch! And with re-pair it gives me the number to input and pairs successfully. Sync starts and stays on about 1/4 forever. Via USB it just cannot find the device.
  • Some things you could check before calling Garmin support: Does the watch charge when connected to USB charger? Does the watch recognize the connection to a computer (i.e. shows the charging screen with battery level indicator)? Can you try a different USB port, different PC/laptop? Can you see the watch on the computer connect as a USB storage device? Do other USB devices work correctly?

For syncing issues via Android rebooting the phone and disabling Android's smart unlock maybe helps, see: https://forums.garmin.com/forum/into-sports/garmin-connect-mobile-application/garmin-connect-mobile-android/1457239-garmin-connect-mobile-released-version-4-15-1?p=1461816#post1461816
  • Yup the watch charges, and have tried different USB ports as well. I did not set up the 935 for Smart Lock, so there is nothing to disable. Has been a few days and still getting stuck at the half-way mark when trying to sync via Garmin Connect... Doesn't seem like there's any Garmin staff looking into this issue