This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sync problems. Are the problems in the Garmin servers?

Hi!

My Garmin connect has failed to sync my watch for days now, HR stats graph shows that it stopped in the middle of the day at 21.1. It just stopped, no new updates for phone or apps installed, which might have caused this. BT is fine, phone calls will vibrate the phone. Watch still shows my HR.

Garmin Connect Device Sync debug log it the app says:" Listing failed. Failed uploading file...Unable to get the server endpoints for this unit and sub type combination...Unexpected server response."

Is there something wrong with Garmin servers?

___
Vivomove HR
Android 7, Samsung A3
GC 4.2.2
  • I've been having sync problems since the last couple of updates, as have a lot of other folk, i really wonder if anyone from garmin are reading the reviews on google play as there are a lot of complaints about sync problems
  • Hi

I followed Garmin's instructions on their Support FAQ site. I have the newest app version on my OnePlus 5T and just managed to pair and sync my Fenix 3 Sapphire HR.

I did the following:
    1. First unpair your device from your phone (if you're having trouble syncing your data to Garmin Connect),
    2. Turn of Bluetooth on both your phone and your Garmin device,
    3. Turn off both your phone and your Garmin device,
    4. Turn on both your phone and your Garmin device,
    5. Turn on Bluetooth on both your phone and your Garmin device and wait 10 - 20 seconds,
    6. Start pairing your phone and Garmin device within your Garmin Connect app, once the devices are connected you will need to enter a code shown on your Garmin device the code needs to be entered in a Bluetooth pop-up in your Notification tray.
    7. Now Garmin Connect will pair and sync your devices and everything should work again.
  • I'm not sure how to shutdown or reboot my Vivomove HR.

But I did try to fix the problem with following Maxwaehrens guide shutting down BT and rebooting my phone. It did not help. I think the problem has something to do with with Garmin Connect servers. My watch seems to be ok, whatsapp messages and calls vibrate the watch, so BT is fine.

But GC app's diagnostics tells me that sync failed because of "Unexpected server response". Any comments from Garmin? Anyone? Do you even read the forum?????

I also noticed how many new complaints have been posted in January to Google Play about sync problems.

PS: Needless to say that my mobile phone is ok, data connection is working and wifi too.

___
    Vivomove HR
    Android 7, Samsung A3
    GC 4.2.2

___
    Vivomove HR
    Android 7, Samsung A3
    GC 4.2.2
  • I have a vívoactive HR with latest firmware, and Garmin Connect on Windows 10 Mobile and Windows 10 PC, latest version of Connect on both.

Syncing *appears* to work (get the green bar), but whether sleep, steps, etc actually sync is often more hit than miss. Often there is no data on the snapshot despite the device clearly showing data. Sometimes doing another sync or three to five will finally do the trick. Sometimes a sync will actually cause a day in a snapshot to disappear. Huh?!

The weight snapshot has been AWOL with a "Some data could not be loaded" warning for a couple weeks now. The only way I can add weight entries is to do it on the website.

Garmin Express works well for installing updates to the device. Unfortunately, using Express often puts the device in some weird state with the clock being off by some weird amount. Last time it was 50 minutes. The only way I have found to fix that is to do a device reset and re-pair.

I love my vívoactive HR, but I am growing increasingly frustrated with Garmin's data services. I have stopped recommending Garmin products, and I'm pretty sure I'll be buying another brand's device when this one finally dies, if not before.

BTW, I asked Garmin support about the AWOL weight issue. After chatting for a few minutes I was whisked off to a payment page. Seriously?
  • CyclingCyclist I have a VivoActive HR and Garmin Connect iOS as my default solution. I have no issues viewing my weight in GCMiOS. I can also view my weight on the Garmin Connect website. However, and perhaps of interest to you, if I log in to Garmin Connect Windows Mobile app (on my Windows 10 PC) I also see the same message for the weight - "Some data could not be loaded". So as you have suggested this is a specific issue with Garmin Connect Windows Mobile app.

I share the same frustrations on the Garmin syncing/data services, and also poor customer support. Unfortunately the alternatives e.g. Apple Watch, Fitbit, don't provide what I need in terms of the watch and data.
  • Hi

I followed Garmin's instructions on their Support FAQ site. I have the newest app version on my OnePlus 5T and just managed to pair and sync my Fenix 3 Sapphire HR.

I did the following:
    1. First unpair your device from your phone (if you're having trouble syncing your data to Garmin Connect),
    2. Turn of Bluetooth on both your phone and your Garmin device,
    3. Turn off both your phone and your Garmin device,
    4. Turn on both your phone and your Garmin device,
    5. Turn on Bluetooth on both your phone and your Garmin device and wait 10 - 20 seconds,
    6. Start pairing your phone and Garmin device within your Garmin Connect app, once the devices are connected you will need to enter a code shown on your Garmin device the code needs to be entered in a Bluetooth pop-up in your Notification tray.
    7. Now Garmin Connect will pair and sync your devices and everything should work again.

Unfortunately - you are wrong. This does not resolve the issue at all. Check with Garmin directly. They are problems with Garmin Connect for IOS. They suggest apple are to blame. Really?

• I faced the same problem as described above - all of a sudden, without any specific reason, the synchronization just stopped working (it connected fine but it didin't sync). I've tried a lot different actions - removing the connection, deleting all activities etc etc. After all what worked for me was the steps described above Maxwaehrens. What I could add to the above was just that I also deleted the activity history
  • Same problem for the last couple days. I tried turning off Bluetooth, turning off phone, re-paring, nothing. I still get “Server Error”. I do get my HR reading on the phone though.
    PS I can sync via USB, which is not a solution.
  • I just do not understand how a company can do updates without full end to end testing. When they have issues they should send emails saying we know there are issues and we are working on it. Syncing my FR 645M is so frickin frustrating I waste so much time trying to do the reset, reboot, refilling in all my apps and widgets, what a wasre of time, and then miraculously it syncs some things. Sleep will not update, run sometimes, yoga hours later. WtF is going on? :(
  • Also it is so frustrating to watch the sync icon go half around then stop! Head is getting ready to explode. Garmin are you listening??