This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Blended 'Training Status' from multiple Garmin devices

I use a Fenix 5 for running & a Edge 820 for cycling. The training status is a great feature which I've now started to seriously use as part of my training analysis. Do any Garmin reps know when we will see Garmin Connect use results from multiple devices to give a blended training status score? Surely this is somewhat easy as all can be calculated on Garmin Connect and not locally on any one device.
  • I am now seeing the same training load number after recent update. 

• Recent update of what? GC? Edge SW? Fenix SW?

• Is this ever likely to be fixed?

With everything just sync'd I'm getting:

7 Day Training Load on Edge 1030 device itself = 405

7 Day Training Load on Garmin Connect (inc. latest iOS app) with "edge1030" selected = 0

7 Day Training Load on Garmin Connect (inc. latest iOS app) with "fenix5+" selected = 565

and;

Load Focus on Edge 1030 device itself: Anaerobic = 10, High Aerobic = 739, Low Aerobic = 471

Load Focus on Garmin Connect (inc. latest iOS app): Anaerobic = 8, High Aerobic = 512, Low Aerobic = 306

As an aside, it's infuriating anyway to get "No Data Available" when I go into Training Load for the Fenix 5+ (particularly since the last change in the iOS app means you have to click through two screens to get to the 7 Day Load screen). The data is clearly available, it's a nuisance to have to switch to the Edge device to get the data.

If all this is supposed to sync then why do I have to switch between devices just to see a metric that is available to me?

• It is frustrating. Given Garmin laud the "Intensity Minutes" and "Stress" metrics, they're actually effectively removed from you because you have two devices. If you only used the Fenix then the data would be used to provide those metrics.

But your reward for being a two-time (at least) customer is to have those two metric rendered obsolete because neither the watch nor Garmin Connect - despite having all the necessary data after a sync - disregards it for those metrics.

Laughably, they don't acknowledge that as a problem because it is "by design"...

• As I also posted here: cross-post :

It seems that is is fixed now, at least partly...

Today I did an indoor cycling activity using my fenix 6 pro. After that, in GCM, the training status between the fenix and my edge 830 was different. After syncing the edge 830 however, the training status was the same.

Also the load focus and 7-day load is exactly the same. (in the load menu in training status). In the same menu there is also exercise load, which differs between the two devices. Not sure if this makes sense.

So it seems that after syncing both devices, training status is now the same. Which is good. 

• Matthew, can you confirm that this issue is still acknowledged and that Garmin has still be unable to resolve it please?

• Se puede ver desde Strava. 

Convina todos los entrenamientos da igual el dispositivo. 

Saludos

• Seconded. any feedback? It's very poor that high end training devices cannot link together and create functionality that is already available on other training platforms...

• Sadly, it seems  , like his colleagues who receive Product Support emails, doesn’t think we deserve an update, despite such a long wait. 

I guess we are only customers after all...

• I recently added a Forerunner 935 my devices. I bought it to use for Mountain Biking and other activities for which my Garmin 1030 is not suitable. I was amazed that Garmin, which I thought was a world leader in this technology, had not integrated the outputs from the two devices to enable a single measure of, for example, Training Status. I now own 2 devices to track my activities but frankly had I realised Garmin were so far behind the curve, I would have not bothered with the second device. 

Just when is Garmin going to take what should be a simple step to integrate the output of several devices??