This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Getting weight measurements INTO Garmin Connect - 3 ways only?

As far as i can tell there are only 3 ways to get your weight measurement into Garmin Connect:

1. Input it in manually.
2. Buy a Garmin scale and stand on it.
3. Get your weight into myfitnesspal then connect it to Garmin to sync automatically.

Does anyone have any other ways to sync weight measurements INTO Garmin's ecosystem?

[Aside: I record my weight with a Withings/Nokia scale and sync it with myfitnesspal. But for other reasons i don't want Garmin and myfitnesspal connected (crazy high step calories from my 735XT syncing across and screwing up my daily calorie goals). I can easily get my weight into other services, but Garmin ONLY seems to take input from the 3 options above. Note iOS Health sync is a total failure as well.]

Thanks!
  • if you have a withings scale i just wrote a script that auto uploads weight, water %, fat %, bone mass, and muscle mass everyday. Is this something you'd pay for? I'd consider turning it into an app.

I'd definitely be interested!
  • I was using Weight Logger myself, an app on Android, to save additional metrics that I would get from a body composition scale without connectivity before I bought the Index (which thankfully always have worked correctly :o). The app can save to Garmin Connect directly and create fit files if desired.

For the Weight Logger app, do you still need to manually enter the data into it or will it sync with a Withings scale?
    ??????
  • I record my weight with a Withings/Nokia scale and sync it with myfitnesspal. But for other reasons i don't want Garmin and myfitnesspal connected

I use a Nokia scale and sync it with myfitnesspal. I createt the myfitnesspal acount only for the purpose of getting my weight into Garmin Connect. Have you tried to create a second account with myfitnesspal and use that just for syncing your weight?
  • For the Weight Logger app, do you still need to manually enter the data into it or will it sync with a Withings scale?
    ??????

It doesn't, as far as I can see, have any sync capabilities "in" to the app - only out from it, once you've manually entered the data.
  • I'd definitely be interested!

My app checks for new measurements throughout the day and syncs all the fancy weight metrics (weight, body fat %, body water %, skeletal muscle mass, and bone mass) from withings to garmin connect.

• When, where and how can I get it?! ????

• I have it hosted here: https://smartscalesync.com/?utm_source=garmin if you try it I would love to hear your feedback.

• renschler I subscribed and completed my first weigh in today, all worked seamlessly. Very easy to set up and synced all metrics to Garmin connect very quickly. Thanks!

I highly recommend this to anyone looking for automatic weight and body composition syncing from a withings scale to Garmin connect.

Thanks again, appreciate your work!
  • My app checks for new measurements throughout the day and syncs all the fancy weight metrics (weight, body fat %, body water %, skeletal muscle mass, and bone mass) from withings to garmin connect.

renschler This app is really cool and it's working perfectly for me to sync weight and BMI from Withings to Garmin. I don't see any of these other metrics in Garmin though. Where should I be looking to find them?
  • Sean_Phillips nice! Are you looking in the web app? I am going to file a bug report with garmin because for some reason I am not able to see the advanced metrics in the webapp. But if you look in the mobile Garmin Connect app the data is there. If not let me know.

*Update*
    Here's what things look like on my phone vs the web app. https://imgur.com/a/WGI944s
    So I think there's a bug with the Garmin Connect web app but I will see what the Garmin support team says.